Skip to main content

46 out of 47

At the beginning of summer, I made a goal to read 47 books by the end of the summer. That was an unrealistic goal. By the end of summer, I read 23 books. And then had two literature classes which kicked my butt. But that is done so yay! I've had time to read a few more books for fun. 

It's the end of the year though and time to evaluate how I did on all my goals. I decided to include the books I actually read cover to cover during the semester as well. I thoroughly enjoyed most of them which was fun. So, here at the end of the year, I completed 46 books. One short. I'm so happy with where I am! I didn't think I'd get this close to my goal! I halfway read so many books this semester that it adds up to 47 page wise ;)  
Here's what I read to get to 46. The only book not pictured is Where She Went- the sequel to If I Stay. I had it as an ebook. 
For my school books:
I loved all the Shakespeare. 

I hated Gullivers Travels. 

There was too much beheading in Oroonoko for my taste. 
I actually liked Pamela. 

I absolutely loved Confessions of an Economic Hitman. I have such a better understanding of how the world works and why other countries hate the U.S so much. I really recommend that book.

I also loved Full Body Burden. It's the story of a woman who grew up right next to Rocky Flats. I've lived in Colorado for 19 years and had no idea about Rocky Flats or what went on there, and what's continuing to. Super great read! 

For my fun books: 
The Retribution of Mara Dyer had everything I love in a book in it. It was the perfect conclusion to a series. 

The Hush Hush series is basically Twilight rewritten with fallen angels instead. They were a fast, easy read. The second book was stupid though. Just getting that out there. 

Tandem was poorly written and fairly predictable, but I couldn't put it down. I was telling Sammy about it and he said," everything's predictable until the potato." There's actually a scene with a potato ha! 

Monstrous Beauty had a bit too much going on in it. I liked the premise but there was soo much going on. 

The Darkest Minds is awesome. I'm worried that the second and third book won't be as good! The title is intimidating, but the story isn't that dark. 

And that's that! My 46/47. I'll definitely make a more reasonable goal for next year ;) 

Comments

  1. There's a sequel to If I Stay? I'm not sure I can handle it... I barely made it through If I Stay

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...