Skip to main content

Hello December

Hello December! You came a little too quickly for my liking. Then again, I'm alright with that as well. I'll be done with my first semester of college. Didn't go as smoothly as I would have hoped. Then again, it wasn't as unbelievably stressful as I was expecting. Well, school wise that is. I didn't expect all the other stuff that came this semester. But that's ok. It's definitely been a learning experience, and given me a lot of things to think about.

I'm sad no shave November is over. Sammy shaved his little beard. Oh well. This would be the time where I spill the beans and say that he cheated. That's right, he started the last week of October! Gasp! So scandalous!

Oh winter break, I can not welcome you enough. I only need to get through one more week and then I'm done! But then again, I also have a week to right a few papers. Ahh! I have a lot more finished on these papers then my classmates though so that's a little less stress.

It's been a pretty silly week. On Monday I spilled spaghetti on my bed and got a paper cut from opening my friend's wedding invitation so quickly. Tuesday I had cramps and spent the day with the heated bed buddy. Sammy was a little jealous of my bed buddy and said he'd make me feel better. I informed him that unfortunately, I can't heat him in the microwave. Wednesday I face-timed for the first time. Thursday was quite dramatic so I bought myself some ice cream. Ben and Jerry's should have won a nobel prize. And Friday I accidentally dropped my phone at a basketball game and it ended up falling in between the bleachers all the way to the floor, so I got to climb underneath them and rescue it.

Last night, I was with Sammy and the Dark Night was on tv. Since he loves Batman, we watched it for a little bit. I instantly started feeling sick and disturbed and just, ahh. Then last night I had a dream that James Bond was basically the Joker and Bane combined and was coming after me. He was so evil he somehow ended up killing those fairy ladies from Sleeping Beauty. I was in a hospital with a bunch of kids and was trying to protect them. Then the team from NCIS showed up and was trying to save the day. Tony ended up getting shot and Ziva was helping him, and then BAM! James Bond came in the room and was going to attack. But then, Gibbs came in and saved the day. He shot that man without blinking.

How sad is it that that was my nightmare? At least Gibbs saved the day.

Oh December. I'm so excited to take a break, spend time with family and friends and celebrate the birth of our Savior. Let's do this!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...