Skip to main content

i'll still have kids.

Hearing the events of today is heart breaking. My thoughts and prayers go out to all the people in Connecticut. What really got me was watching the President's address this morning. It seems that's all he's done lately, given addresses for the families in our country that are grieving. He's had to give way too many of those recently.

What really got me was that back in third grade when we had our first lock down drill, our principal came down to our classroom to talk to us. He said that if someone ever did come into the school with a weapon, they were probably hiding from the police and went into the school so the police wouldn't shoot them. No one would go into an elementary school wanting to hurt kids. 

But even with all this, I'm still having kids. Life is scary, and get's more and more so every day. I'm not even going to pretend to understand how much pain and grief the people of Connecticut are going through now. Even with all the crap out there in the world, I'm still having kids. Being perfectly safe and not getting a chance at life is worse than having pain. Because Christ our Savior has promised to get us through all the pain. All the hard times. He's gone through the unimaginable, and with him we can get through everything.

Plus, I want to make sure my mini me's get to experience all the great things in life. The little things. Like the first time you realize you can record your voice with them high tech toys out there. Or putting your bare feet in the sand. Playing with a puppy for the first time. Finally being old enough to go to a  dance. Thinking the sun makes your nose run. Meeting all their crazy freaking awesome relatives. Going on silly adventures. Making friendship bracelets. Finding out what a cow pie is. Wearing tube socks. 

Even though it's scary, I'm not giving up yet. And I won't give up for the future either. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...