Skip to main content

Wedding Planning

Everyone's wondering how wedding planning is going. And I just say good as per usual. And it has been going good. But it's also been, stressful. 

I feel guilty. I feel guilty because I'm getting married. There are so many people out there who want to be, who want to meet that certain someone. And I have that. So I feel bad. I just want people to be happy. 

I feel judged. We're not getting married in the temple the first time. We can't at this moment. And people have been saying, well just wait. Go on a mission. Finish school. Do something else. Don't just get married. But, that's not what I want. I've been with this boy three years. I can't do another one just dating him. My bad. 

I feel there's a lot of expectations. I feel like, people will be traveling far to come to our wedding or reception and they'll be disappointed. Say why did we even bother coming here?

I feel bad when people offer to help. To make things. To throw a party. To do anything.

I feel like people think I'm being stupid. That I'm making a mistake. That I'm too young. Not ready. Then again, who ever is truly ready. 

I know it's just one day. And in the grand scheme of things it all doesn't matter. It's just a day to celebrate our love. And to finally be man and wife. The end. In the grand scheme of things, it's just one day. It's the marriage and the days afterwards that really matter. 

That's what I've really been feeling. I'll probably wake up in a week with all these feelings gone. 

Comments

  1. Hang in there, sweet girl. People are unfortunately going to judge but the only opinions who matter are you, Sammy, and God's. People judged my sister for having a 2 year long engagement. Her reply when nosy people asked about it? "Well do you want to pay for the wedding?"

    At the end of the day, your wedding is about you and Sammy. Nobody else. Not even your families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only two people need to be on the same page, you and God. Once that is settled, follow your heart. Nothing great, new, wonderful, beautiful or lasting was ever created by those that can't follow their destiny. To be truly happy you have to listen to your own heart and ignore everything else. In the end you just have to tell the rest of the world what they can do with their advice, in a nice, gentle, caring tone... or not as the case may be :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...