Skip to main content

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day has always been one of my favorite holidays, and this one was extra special. Last year I was sick, so I got to enjoy it much more. I always love surprises, so I loved it when I received a package from Sammy I had no idea about. Inside was a bouquet of... Cookies! They were so good. Sammy did good :) 
I couldn't help but look through all of Sammy and my old Valentine's pictures. 
The roses from our first Valentines.
This one from our second Valentine's when Sammy cooked me dinner. 
Our third Valentine's Day in college where we watched my favorite movie and went to Noodles for dinner and the Tattered Cover bookstore. 
I don't have any pictures from our fourth Valentine's, but we went and saw Frozen ;)

Fifth when we went to Dinosaur Ridge 
Sixth when Sammy drove me to work so we could spend extra time together
Seven sick in bed with morning sickness

And this year! We met up with Sammy for lunch at a deli.
It's so hard to take selfies with glasses. 
 Then I went home and watched one of my favorite movies with my other little man. 
 He woke up in time for the end
We also went out to Macaroni Grill on the weekend while my parents watched Aaron and that was really lovely. I'm so grateful for my sweet Valentine Sammy :)









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Liebster-ing it up!

Funny story. A few days ago I was reading all the blogs I follow like I usually do. And of course I read  Jana's  blog and read about how she had won the Liebster award. I had no idea what it was, so I read her post full of fun facts, and for everyone I kept nodding my head going, I DO THAT TOO! Then today I re-read her blog, and realized that she'd nominated me for the Liebster award as well! It was a very exciting moment. Thank you! So I guess this is how it works, I think, I'm new to this whole thing. I totally just stole this off Jana's blog ;) "The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say 'you're doing a great job.' It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it's also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs & get them more readers/ followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated y...

Getting lost makes me feel ashfishsihfasjshd ngklea sometimes.

Yesterday was my first shift at my new job at the college bookstore. It went pretty great! I like being a cashier a whole lot more than organizing the same bin of bras the fifth time that hour. Ringing up customers text books made me excited to go get mine and start the learning. I probably won't be feeling that way in a few weeks though haha. I'm nowhere close to getting the hang of the cash register yet, but I know how to answer most questions. (You usually just send them to the book section and make the people over there deal with it.) The only time I was completely confused was when a guy came in and asked me for directions to another city. I didn't know being a gps was expected. Over all a great day. Then today happened. Today I wasn't even officially working, I had a mandatory sexual harassment and work place violence meeting. Woo! Sounds fun huh? I showed up ten minutes early, clocked in, then was told to head to the North Classrooms. I looked around and there ...