Skip to main content

Time

Like a lot of people in this world, I took the five love languages quiz, hoping to figure myself out. Going in, I was sure that my love language was touch. There's nothing I love more than having my hair played with, hugs, back scratches, all that nice stuff. But as I read the analysis, it said touch was tied with quality time. I've been giving that a whole lot of thought lately, and the more I think about it the more it makes sense. All those little crazy silly things that drive me nuts or make me upset all have to do with a lack of quality time. All those times I've felt alone have to do with time. Most of my worse fears have to do with time. It all has to do with time. If I'm not happy, it's usually because of time.

At least, that's my theory of the moment. But looking at it that way gives me hope that I'll be able to work things out and everything will be alright.

On another note, I straightened my hair last night, and it's the longest it's ever been.



Mandatory hippie picture






Comments

  1. I LOVE your hair. It looks so good, girl! I think that 5 languages test is so important for us to read because sometimes the results surprise us! I took it recently & I even had a "talk" with my husband about it. haha!~!

    we&serendipity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks so cute! I like the 5 Love Languages test... I made my closest friends take it with me. It's so nice knowing what best way to be a good friend to them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Liebster-ing it up!

Funny story. A few days ago I was reading all the blogs I follow like I usually do. And of course I read  Jana's  blog and read about how she had won the Liebster award. I had no idea what it was, so I read her post full of fun facts, and for everyone I kept nodding my head going, I DO THAT TOO! Then today I re-read her blog, and realized that she'd nominated me for the Liebster award as well! It was a very exciting moment. Thank you! So I guess this is how it works, I think, I'm new to this whole thing. I totally just stole this off Jana's blog ;) "The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say 'you're doing a great job.' It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it's also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs & get them more readers/ followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated y...

Getting lost makes me feel ashfishsihfasjshd ngklea sometimes.

Yesterday was my first shift at my new job at the college bookstore. It went pretty great! I like being a cashier a whole lot more than organizing the same bin of bras the fifth time that hour. Ringing up customers text books made me excited to go get mine and start the learning. I probably won't be feeling that way in a few weeks though haha. I'm nowhere close to getting the hang of the cash register yet, but I know how to answer most questions. (You usually just send them to the book section and make the people over there deal with it.) The only time I was completely confused was when a guy came in and asked me for directions to another city. I didn't know being a gps was expected. Over all a great day. Then today happened. Today I wasn't even officially working, I had a mandatory sexual harassment and work place violence meeting. Woo! Sounds fun huh? I showed up ten minutes early, clocked in, then was told to head to the North Classrooms. I looked around and there ...