Skip to main content

This one time

This one time,

It was the fourth of July, and my family and I went to a church activity and sat by ourselves in the shade of a tiny tree, the way we like it! Played some awesome jeopardy. Had THE best fries in the world. Saw White House Down, and liked it. I didn't eat the whole bucket of popcorn. I dropped my phone behind my seat and it glowed half the movie.

I watched the original Superman. In the first ten minutes on Krypton, I thought I liked the new one better. But then once we returned to Earth, it became clear the original is where it's at! I love the witty one liners, and how it didn't make me want to burst into tears the whole movie like Man of Steel. Can't wait to see the next ones! (Of the originals)

I got so excited when one of my primary kids was the spotlight and they said their favorite story is when Nephi built the boat because I'd taught that lesson a few weeks before. Then I later remembered that the parents fill out those sheets at the beginning of the year sooooo he didn't like it because of my awesome teaching skills. Ha!

Went to Pearl Street with my family. Boulder is not where we belong but it was a fun experience. We spent the most time in a bookstore. I only bought two books, I restrained myself. Also left with some crocs. Sammy didn't think they would be cute, but they're totally cute.

Sammy went to Florida for a week and I made it!

I love my family. I'm so blessed. I love my doggy too, most of the time.

Discovered Leverage is the best tv show to watch while in panic attack mode.

Crocheted an entire blanket, and bought 22 skeins of yarn for some other ones. Learned the zigzag! The man in Walmart looked at me weird for that one.

Discovered that some of the stereotypes about work and management and work functions are true. Now why don't I get to work with Dwight?

I'm sort of excited for my classes this fall. I'm thinking about changing my major to public health, I've so missed science classes, and I'm really excited for that intro class. Along with my Immigration, Literacy, and Migration class, the Economics of life, and intro to literature (blech).  That's the only one I'm not looking forward to, last semester essayed me out!

We bought some white chocolate chips for cookies, and we've almost already eaten all them, one handful at a time.

It was bed time!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...