Skip to main content

The big chop

I finally did it. I've been saying I wanted to chop off my hair for awhile now, and today I did it. And honestly, I'm wondering why I didn't do it sooner. I LOVE my short hair! All of the damaged hair and knots are gone. I can put a hat on and not have a beard of hair. It's sooooo light!

I was worried about what Sammy would think. He was very hesitant when I first said I wanted to do this, but when he saw me his eyes lit up and he was so excited. His mom was too! She said I look a lot older and like a new woman.

I wanted a cute way to announce I cut my hair, so, I put this picture on Facebook with the caption, he wanted a lock of hair. So I gave him this. Haha I crack myself up.
 
It was fun getting my hair cut. It was long enough to be rubber banded, and hearing those scissors snipping was exciting. I wondered if I would cry like some women do, but I didn't. Then it was off for shampoo and even more snipping. I really connected with the woman who was cutting my hair, she wants to be an English teacher so we discussed the awkwardness that is fiction workshops. 
When I left, I asked if it was weird to take my hair with me. She said it wasn't, that it was my hair. I felt awkward leaving the store with a ton of hair in my purse. 

I had lots of fun teasing the dog with my pony tail. And waving my hair in everyone's faces. I put it in Sammy's drawer and it looked so awkward there, like some horror movie or something. Now that's where my old hair will be living. 

This is what it looks like straight. I can't wait to see what it looks like curly and just play around with it. Cutting all my hair off four months before my wedding is one of the best things I've done. 

Hopefully I still feel this way in a week. I'm pretty sure I will.


Comments

  1. I love your haircut!!!!! It looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Liebster-ing it up!

Funny story. A few days ago I was reading all the blogs I follow like I usually do. And of course I read  Jana's  blog and read about how she had won the Liebster award. I had no idea what it was, so I read her post full of fun facts, and for everyone I kept nodding my head going, I DO THAT TOO! Then today I re-read her blog, and realized that she'd nominated me for the Liebster award as well! It was a very exciting moment. Thank you! So I guess this is how it works, I think, I'm new to this whole thing. I totally just stole this off Jana's blog ;) "The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say 'you're doing a great job.' It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it's also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs & get them more readers/ followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated y...

Getting lost makes me feel ashfishsihfasjshd ngklea sometimes.

Yesterday was my first shift at my new job at the college bookstore. It went pretty great! I like being a cashier a whole lot more than organizing the same bin of bras the fifth time that hour. Ringing up customers text books made me excited to go get mine and start the learning. I probably won't be feeling that way in a few weeks though haha. I'm nowhere close to getting the hang of the cash register yet, but I know how to answer most questions. (You usually just send them to the book section and make the people over there deal with it.) The only time I was completely confused was when a guy came in and asked me for directions to another city. I didn't know being a gps was expected. Over all a great day. Then today happened. Today I wasn't even officially working, I had a mandatory sexual harassment and work place violence meeting. Woo! Sounds fun huh? I showed up ten minutes early, clocked in, then was told to head to the North Classrooms. I looked around and there ...