Skip to main content

How I get through finals week

Once again, it's finals week. Time to study and stress about finals. Wrong. At least for me. I just realized something this last week, when it's finals time instead of stressing out about my finals, I find something else to stress about. Last year, I was convinced that I was going to move to Utah. I saw how much rent for apartments was out there and I was like, I'm in! I researched all the schools, how to transfer, jobs in the area, started filling out applications. I'd even found an apartment! And then, finals week went away and the planning slowed down a little bit. I eventually decided moving to Utah wasn't for me because I love my degree program at my school, and my scholarship program. So, I'm still here. I also compared phone plans between companies. That was fun. Not really it was depressing.

Last Spring I started getting really into emergency preparedness. I researched food dehydrators, ways to grow food in an apartment, made a list of all the things that I needed to buy to make Sammy a 72 hour kit and started stock piling Ramen. Once finals was over though, that stopped as well.

Now, my head is all over the place. I started with food storage again. I contacted a lady in the ward who sells it and she's going to bring me samples, I tried to find ways to freeze dry food yourself. Then I freaked out about my wedding, I didn't have bridesmaid dresses and had no idea how I was going to find one considering all of my bridesmaids are never in the same city at the same time. So, I started hunting the websites and found one that I'd been picturing in my head for a long time and was relieved. So now, I'm making all the flowers for my wedding. I've got one more day of finals, I wonder what I'm going to stress out about tonight.

I'm just glad I figured out what the heck is going on with me. I'm surprised I get anything done during finals weeks with all this research going on. If only I could use that for my research paper. . . .

Comments

  1. Good luck during finals week! And planning the wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Let me know if you need any help at all with the wedding. Doing things yourself is the BEST way to save money (and do it how you want it, too!) Bridesmaid dresses were the hardest part for me. I'll keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same thing haha. I'm great at researching things! But not for papers... Usually I look into new apartments and future jobs. That's what I stress about when I should be stressing about more productive things. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...