Skip to main content

I think I'm funny

. At work, I added Britney Spears and Justin Beiber as influences on my coworkers pandora station. When he came into work, he didn't switch it to that station like he usually does. So, I had to sneakily persuade him to change it, saying I was in the mood for something different. Phew almost did a different station though, so I kept talking. Then, he finally clicked on his station and Hit Me Baby One More Time started blasting. We both laughed hard but he thought it was just some fluke, and skipped to the next song. When he was talking to customers I would keep skipping songs until another pop one came on. He never figured it out that if added them, and I couldn't stop laughing at my genius so I just told him what I'd done. He said that that was very well played.

I had an essay due for economics. I was doing a book review of a book, crazy I know, and in the book the author briefly mentioned the economics of prostitutes. My professor always uses prostitutes as examples for everything. He has an odd fascination with them. So, in my essay I wrote, like another economist I know, the author has a fascination with prostitutes. 
I also wrote an entire paragraph about why economically it's less work to do an hourly job than to be an author. I was listing things that get in the way of writing, like economics essays. I then said I did a cost benefits analysis and decided I should do the essay.

Sammy was watching a football game last night and went to the bathroom. While he was gone I turned the channel to one of those hour long proactive infomercials. Sammy came back, got back to doing his homework, patiently waiting for the game to come back on. After about five minutes Adam Levine showed up and was demonstrating how he washes his face. Sammy hates Adam Levine. So that's when he started getting curious, asking how long was this commercial going for. He then hit cancel and saw that I changed the channel. I got a tickling for that one, but I couldn't stop laughing. 

Comments

  1. Haha! I LOVE your sense of humor. It is the best. Life without humor and jokes would be so boring.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...