Skip to main content

New Year's Day

I had a lot of fun today. Sammy's back home! This is how I feel when he goes away for awhile. I'm all good now though. 
I decided to make my New Years resolution to floss. Just kidding. We'll, in going to try to floss more that's always good! But I'm still working on my other ones. My first one is to not stress as much so I shall not stress about that! 

Sammy and I went to the mall and it was just nice to walk around and have nothing to do nowhere to be. We did get him a suit jacket though! And then.... 

We watched pride and prejudice. The five hour one. At the moment we're only two hours in though. 
My favorite parts were his reactions to Mr. Collins and the old time flirting. He then tried to flirt with me Jane Austin style. It was fun! 

I got to spend time being a dork with my siblings and have a House marathon. Going into this year, I was anxious and full of fear. I don't want a year anywhere near last year. I don't want to make the same mistakes feel the same pains, have the same fears. Today may have seemed simple and weird but it was good. It gave me some hope. I felt loved and happy. 2014 we can do this. Well, I can do tomorrow. :) 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...