Skip to main content

Voodoo Donuts

On Tuesday I took the day off of work because I thought I was having an allergic reaction or weird virus and possibly dying, but it turns out it was just really bad acne. Pretty embarrassing. So, I spent the rest of the day with my mom and brother. They were kind enough to come with me to the Social Security Office so that I could officially change my name. So sweet. It was so nice not having to be there alone because there were some, interesting people there. We waited about an hour and then it was done!

Next, we went to Voodoo Donuts! My mom said it's on her summer bucket list and I've been wanting to go there for awhile. I originally saw them on this episode of Leverage where my favorite character is eating the fruit loop donut, so I needed one.

Good things come in pink boxes.
I felt like a little kid sitting in the backseat. My brother called shotgun. That donut was so sweet that it physically hurt to eat it the last few bites, and I have a very big sweet tooth. It was so good! So different! I also had one with M&M's on it this morning. That woke me up!
My mommy and her donut :)

We got Sammy a bacon and maple donut and when I got home I asked him what he would have liked, and he said just a plain one. That is unacceptable. These people make crazy cool donuts, you cannot have a plain one. Luckily he ate the bacon one!
(UPDATE- When I wrote this post, Sammy hadn't actually eaten his donut. He said he was going to, but did not. It was getting soggy, so I ate it for him. It was quite good.)

It makes no sense to me why Voodoo Donuts is here. There's three in Oregon, and then one random one in Colorado. If you ever find yourself here though, I highly suggest you try Voodoo Donuts. SO GOOD! I feel like a true Coloradoan now.



Comments

  1. That's so random! I've been to Voodoo a lot, and I had not idea they had one in Colorado. I thought it was an Oregon thing. In any case, yummy ;) I like the terribly sweet bubblegum one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously thought you had gone to Oregon to get donuts on your day off - I was so confused! I didn't know they had one in Colorado! Drooooool!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...