We've made some new friends since moving! We've spent a LOT of time with them, and I'm so grateful for that. I love these guys. Unfortunately, they could leave at anytime and we can't just hang out like normal friends. But that's alright. I wouldn't trade them for anything. :)
Sister Knowlton and Sister Rodriguez
(not pictured)
Elder Brennen, Elder Wipfler, and Elder Hoyt
The Elders have been over so many times, and the Sisters came over for dinner and I went tracting with them once. It's so cool, they're all our age. They all graduated the same year we did. It's so nice to have SOMEONE in our new ward that's near our age. I love having them over and I love learning with them. Every time any of them come over, they bring the Spirit with them and lighten up our day. Not only are they our friends, but they're our friends in the gospel as well.
I tell everyone about them and their stories. Sister Knowlton talks in her sleep and has been heard repeating the missionary discussions and saying that she's walking on the water with Peter. Elder Hoyt is a BYU football player, and Elder Brennen was his RA when he was at BYU. Elder Brennen loves BYU football and once helped Hoyt draft a letter to the head coach, a very proud moment in his life He hopes to be the water boy when he comes back. It's funny because Hoyt is 6'8" while Brennen is 5'9" ish. Wipfler has cool stories for everything and loves to talk sports and showed us this video from President Holland about paths and how Heavenly Father sometimes lets us go on the wrong path for a bit so we can know we're on the right path which really stuck with me so I'll always remember him for that.
I love our friends. I don't want them to go!
Great friends are amazing!
ReplyDelete