Skip to main content

Halloween

This Halloween was so much fun! I loved celebrating it with my loved ones. I've always loved Day of the Dead. So when we were at the Halloween store getting zombie makeup I got so excited when I saw Day of the Dead makeup. Then I found out we could dress up for work and that was that! I paired my sugar skull with my old prom dress. It was so much fun wearing it again. 
Sammy got to dress up for work too and I suggested he go as Clark Kent since he has a superman shirt and banking clothes. He got some fake glasses and bam! Clark Kent. He even got the curl in his hair. :)
Everyone thought I painted the designs myself. Nope! They were tattoos. I messed up so many times getting them on though! 

Everyone at work was dressed up which was so much fun! 
There was a fire or some kind of emergency so we all had to go outside. That was pretty cold so Jenna suggested we take selfies to stay warm.


I loved these so much but it was so hard to work with them on! 

Halfway through the day I couldn't stand the tattoos anymore so I decided to take them off. It hurt so bad! I finally had to dig in our first aid kit for some alcohol wipes. Never again! 
Sammy and I went to Cinzettis for dinner. Since I wasn't dressed as a sugar skull anymore I decided to be a hipster for dinner and stole his glasses. 
Dinner was so good! It was Sammy's first time there and he was in heaven. He said so multiple times. Then we went to my parents house to watch Halloweentown 2 since that one is Sammy's favorite. It was so much fun and the movie was a lot cheesier than we remembered. I loved hanging out and just talking and having some goodies. Then, we headed home and went straight to bed. Well, I did. It was such a great Halloween:) I can't wait till next year! 

Comments

  1. I dressed up as a LifeWay employee... oh wait, that's because I worked and we couldn't wear costumes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...