Skip to main content

Sick Days

I was sick the majority of last week. And while being sick sucks, it was a little bit enjoyable because I got a break. On Sunday Sammy held me all morning until he went to church, and then after church as well. While he was at church, I watched a few movies which I haven't done in weeks. I watched Twitches and only had a few problems with the plot. One, they got a job right on the spot. No HR no paperwork, nowhere to even put her purse. What is that?!

Two, it's their 21st birthday and there is not one mention of alcohol. I find that highly unrealistic. That's all anyone talked about on my 21st and I don't even drink. Otherwise they were both fun movies to watch while I was sick.

Then I watched Breaking Dawn parts one and two. They're my guilty pleasure. I was texting my girlfriends at work the whole time and it's theirs as well! In order to get through both parts before bed I watched the boring parts at 1.5 speed. I could still understand everything because of the dramatic pauses.

I tried going to work the next morning but went home halfway through the day. It's hard to help people find google when you have to sneeze four times, then blow your nose. I'm glad I went home because I felt progressively sicker later. I decided to round out my Twilight marathon by watching New Moon and Eclipse. Again, I watched it at 1.5 speed. When Sammy came home, he made me stop doing that, so he could watch the Charlie parts. According to him Charlie is the best part of those movies. In the future I'm going to stick to just Breaking Dawn because it has the least amount of almost abuse (ruining cars so you can't visit friends, etc.)

I stayed home on Tuesday too, and felt sooo crappy. I also decided I never wanted to go back to work.  So I wrote most of the day in hopes of making that happen. I also listened to the Hamilton soundtrack, and sat with my humidifier pictured above. I did my best to get a "We get it, you vape bro," picture.

I'm glad to report I'm now better, and I had the best time possible being sick with lots of love from my husband. And now I want another wedding after watching Twilight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...