Skip to main content

Summer Bucket List

Back in May, I posted about our summer bucket list. Here's how we did on completing all of those items. The original list included:
*Go to the aquarium
*Go to the museum
*Visit Garden of the Gods 
*Go on a hike
*Go swimming
*Get tan
*Go to the drive in movie theater
*Read a book (Hopefully by the pool ;)) 

I'm happy to say that we completed everything except for going to the drive in movies. We checked their movies every week and they were just never any that we were interested in seeing. 
We went to Garden of the Gods and more over Memorial Day weekend. 

We went swimming multiple times, and definitely got tan. I still have my funny swim suit lines on my shoulders. All of that swimming is what inspired us to take a trip to Mexico this coming Spring Break. We're saving saving saving, and it's going to happen! 

We went hiking for the first time Labor day weekend, and a few times following that. 

We just went to the museum for free on Educator's night. 

Sammy took me to the Aquarium for my birthday. 

I read 18 books this summer. Sammy started a few. ;)

And we just had an amazing summer. Now that I'm no longer in school, I want to go out and do things all the time. Life was pretty fun this past summer. I'm excited for fall as well. Not winter. Yuk. 


Comments

  1. Where in Mexico are you going?! My husband and I have decided to do a cruise next year for our anniversary so we can hopefully visit multiple countries! (The cruise we really want is going to Grand Cayman, Mexico, Belize, and Honduras!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...