Skip to main content

Halloween

On the actual day of Halloween, I did a couples costume with my co-worker. The idea came from listening to Hamilton over and over. One of my favorite parts features George Washington and then boom. There it was. I could be George Washington for Monday! I texted my friends, and my other co-worker said she would be Abraham Lincoln. And that's how this happened. 
This wasn't my first time dressing as General Washington. I played him in fifth grade too. 
I was honestly shocked at how well I looked as George Washington. I put the flour in my hair and turned it grey, pulled it back, borrowed Sammy's shirt and jacked, and there it was. I was so proud of it.

However, all day at work next to Baberaham up there, and most people couldn't figure out who I was. One of our regulars who can't shut his mouth for five seconds didn't even say anything to me. It was a little disappointing, but I got over it. We had so many laughs and giggles throughout the day, and we looked pretty dang good together. It was a relatively chill day at work as well because all of the people were out celebrating. 

Sammy and I had a quiet night in because he had homework. We watched Leonaro DiCaprio's new documentary Before the Flood. It's free on Youtube and I highly recommend it. It was the perfect halloween movie because it's terrifying the things we are doing to our earth, and the fact that people keep denying it.

Overall, it was a pretty decent Halloween. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...