Skip to main content

My Birthday

This birthday was probably one of the best yet. In the morning I told Aaron that last year for my birthday, he gave me heartburn, so could he give me something better this year? He really came through with the best morning snuggles. 
He held onto me so tight and after he finished his bottle he snuggled me for a few minutes, something he rarely does anymore. 
Sammy made me chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast, and took the day off from work to hang out with me. 

My mom and Brinley came over and watched Aaron so Sammy and I could go to Top Golf. I've been wanting to go there for a long time and they finally built one near us. 
It was so much fun! I actually did pretty good the first game, beating Sammy by twenty points. But holy moly, it's hard to hit golf balls! My back was starting to hurt so bad and then my arms were so tired. I scored 41 points the first game, and by the third game I scored 3 points because I just couldn't do it! Sammy did really good the second and third game, but one hour of playing with just two people is too much ha! It was funny watching everyone else play, they really seemed to know what they were doing. 
It was so hard not to order food while we were there, it smelled SO good. But we had other lunch plans. 

We went to YellowBelly for lunch, my favorite chicken place. It's a Colorado chain and the only chicken tenders that don't make me feel sick after eating them because they're healthy. They have the best smashed potato fries, and green ranch and a secret sauce that I love. I can't tell you how nice it was to just eat lunch, chat with Sammy, and not have someone screaming MAMA at me wanting to steal my fries haha! I love Aaron dearly, but dang it, those are my fries and it's hard to always eat while feeding him fast enough haha! I appreciated this lunch so much more than I would have before. 

After lunch we went and got Aaron and then headed over to my parents house. We waited for my brother to get back from school and just watched Aaron play. As we were there Sammy started sneezing more and more. It never fails, he always gets sick on my birthday. He just can't handle a whole day being about me ;) I felt so bad for him. By the time we headed home he really wasn't looking so hot. I made us chicken noodle soup for dinner, and then once Aaron was in bed we watched NCIS together because I got to pick what we watched haha! It was such a great day where I saw all my loved ones and just enjoyed it. Here's to 26!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...