Skip to main content

Valentine's Day

This year was our first Valentine's Day as a married couple, and it definitely went differently than I thought it would. We started out our morning making French toast and omelets. It was my first time making French toast, and Sammy's making omelets and they turned out DELICIOUS. We were so full we didn't eat lunch.
My parents got me this awesome shirt so of course I had to wear it! 

Then, we went ant got Sammy's patriarchal blessing. That was such an amazing experience, I can't even describe it. Let's just say, he's got a pretty cool life ahead of him. 

After that we headed up to Dinosaur ridge. It's somewhere Sammy's always wanted to go so we finally went!

 They sold fossilized dino poop!



 Dino footprints!

 Pretty purple rocks
 Sammy took this and I love it so much!



 That is a dino footprint from the side. The indent is the foot, it's huge! And so cool! They had baby footprints near by this one which was so cool.
 These bones were cut in half when miners didn't know what they were dealing with. The other half is on the wall. This was part of a river since there's a rib and a backbone from two different dinosaurs so close together.

 Sammy wanted me to pickup the lady bug, but she looked so happy there, so I took a picture instead.
 This was my Valentines candy, gummy dinosaur!

 Instead of flowers, Sammy gave me this fossilized sand dollar. It's so pretty, I love it!
 After Dinosaur Ridge, we headed up to Golden just to look around. We ended up sitting in a park, taking in the sun. Everyone had their dogs running around making us even more dog hungry. One day, one day. We had reservations for dinner at Macaroni Grill at five, but we were starving by 3:30 so we just showed up. Dinner was fantastic! I love that place so much, we went their last Valentines day as well.

After dinner we took an hour and a half nap. All that walking really tired us out! Then, I played Sammy in FIFA. I actually scored a goal! I was getting really sad at the end of the night because I didn't want the day to end. We had a great Valentines day :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...