Week 36
I had my 36 week appointment where I had the oh so fun strep b test, along with an ultrasound to see what way the baby is sitting. He was head down right where he should be and the doctor said that the odds are very small that he would flip out of position. I asked her how big he is and she said that it's really easy for them to tell if a baby is going to be super small or super large, but otherwise it's just guesswork, but if she had to guess he'd probably be around 6.5-7lbs at birth if I went to 40 weeks. I guess he's a little more on the smaller side but nothing to worry about. My belly measured 35 cm.
She tried to get a peek at his face and he was looking at the camera when she first looked, but then he turned away and wouldn't turn back. In that quick glimpse that I saw, he still looks like he did in the ultrasound a few weeks ago, definitely has Sammy's nose, and the same big lips. I saw him blink which was pretty creepy in black and white 2D. I can't wait to see him blink in real life.
I got my flu shot done that day, and then I accidentally flossed a little too hard that night, so the next day I was miserable. I couldn't get comfortable all day, everything hurt, and the sore arm and gums were not helping. Every time someone needed my help in the library I struggled to walk over to where they were. I'm starting to understand the whole, you feel so uncomfortable at the end so that you just want to get the baby out sentiment.
Sammy took the LSAT again. He feels a lot more confident in how this test went versus the one back in June. He's a little worried that he might have filled out some of the bubbles wrong, so we'll just have to wait a few weeks and see. When he came home from the test, he had a bruise in the middle of his forehead. He says he doesn't remember what exactly he did to cause it, but he probably got it banging his head on the table. 😂
After the LSAT, we went out for lunch and tried Fuzzy's Tacos. I highly recommend them. I tried an Oreo Churro which was pretty interesting. Next time I want to get sopapilla chips. We originally had plans to go to a party and hang out with Sammy's family after the test, but his parents were sick and Sammy was brain dead so we stayed home and binged the entire second season of The Good Place instead. I'm glad we had that time together because these are our last few weeks just the two of us, and Sammy has obligations the next few Saturdays.
On Sunday Sammy was watching the Broncos' game and started yelling and clapping like he usually does when his team scores a touchdown. Aaron did NOT like that. He jumped so hard every time he did it, and then would squirm like crazy only to settle down for Sammy to do it again. He tried to be quiet the rest of the game but kept forgetting. He's going to have to get it together before the baby gets here because if he wakes him up, he's got to get him back to sleep haha!
In between yelling for the team, Sammy put the stroller together.
I am notorious for roasting the Bears, Sammy's hometown team. Like, I'm really really good at it. I can't help myself sometimes, the insults just pop into my head, I don't even have to work for them. Anyways, the Bears were playing their rivals the Packers, and we had to be at a meeting during the game. My parents who never watched sports while I was growing up actually watched the game and were texting me saying that the Bears were winning. Sammy checked the score a few times and kept flashing it in my face. I just nodded and said that that was great for them. If they did actually win that night, that'd be a great moment for them, but I kept thinking to myself that you can't call it a Bears win until the game is actually over.
We got home with three minutes left in the game. The bears were still ahead, but it was 23 to 17, and the ball was going to Aaron Rodgers. I sat down with Sammy to watch and just had a feeling in my gut that I wasn't going to have to eat humble pie. Aaron Rodgers threw a touchdown seconds later, and the Packers won. Sammy yelled at the tv, which made our Aaron mad, and then Sammy apologized to him and told him that he's only going to raise him as a Broncos fan because he doesn't deserve this kind of disappointment.
I was in a bathroom and a little girl came up to me and said, "You have a little one of your own," and then started rubbing my belly while I was trying to wash my hands. She then told me that when her sister was in her mom's belly she would rub her belly everyday and then when her sister was born she wrapped her hand around her finger because she knew it was her. When I came out and told Sammy what happened he couldn't stop laughing.
Week 37
A coworker of mine hinted that there was going to be a surprise baby shower for me at work. I told her they should let me know the day because otherwise I'd probably call out sick and have no idea. Well, that totally happened. I woke up super nauseous and called out of work. Not even fifteen minutes later someone texted me apologizing for not being able to make the shower. I laughed and laughed and laughed. Not only had the surprise been spoiled by the early text, but I was missing my own surprise shower, just like I'd predicted.
Everyone was so nice about it and we did it the next day, but only half the staff could be there. We had cake and guacamole at 9 in the morning, and everyone was so sweet to come celebrate Baby G.
Sammy's coworkers threw him a breakfast potluck and diaper party the next day, and we have seriously been so, so blessed by everyone in our lives.
During a weekend of feeling miserable, I got a fortune cookie that said You're almost there. I have never received a more appropriate cookie in my life.
My parents and grandparents were convinced that the baby dropped on Saturday after taking this picture. I didn't believe it though. I thought that the baby dropping would be this magical moment where I could breathe and my heartburn would go away and I'd feel so much better. It wasn't until Tuesday that I was convinced that he probably had dropped.
We were looking at movies that we want to see throughout the rest of the year, and one of them is The Hate U Give, but it's coming out a week or two after the baby will be born so we know that won't be happening. Sammy said, "It's okay, I've read the book though so I know what happens." And I told him that's a phrase I've never heard him say, which it is. He's been reading the book the past few weeks and it's been so funny to hear him talk about it because he hasn't read a YA book in.... who knows how long.





That is so funny that you missed your own surprise shower that someone spoiled for you! Hope you are feeling better, though!
ReplyDelete