Skip to main content

Weeks 30-31

Week 30 
It's getting harder and harder to move. In the middle of the night I rolled over too quickly and felt horrible stabbing in my round ligaments. The next morning I could barely walk because there was throbbing pain all down my side, in my groin that went under my left leg. It was a big struggle trying to get around all day at work. That night Sammy bought me the KT tape that my doctor recommended and we put some on. Five minutes later, the pain was gone. But, every time I got up, I felt tingling in my legs and like I couldn't breathe.

It kept happening every time I got up, so I took the tape off and called the doctor. It took a few nurses to figure out what was happening, but I was most likely just getting up way too fast because it was the first time I wasn't in pain for quite some time. They said it's very normal to have tingling in the legs or feel out of breath in the 3rd trimester because your body is struggling to get the blood where it needs to go and getting up too quickly. 

Well, Sammy and I learned this week that his work is only 20 minutes away from mine after I almost passed out at work and needed him to take me home. It was a perfect storm of little things, I hadn't slept the night before, I've been stressed about the fire and lots of other things, the AC turned off making the building pretty hot, and the baby was sitting really high in my ribs so I couldn't breathe well. Thankfully I didn't actually pass out, but one moment I was just sitting there, the next my ears felt like they were underwater and I was extremely dizzy. My coworker said my face was super red all of the sudden. I went to the back and then had a panic attack as well and just needed to get out of there. Thankfully Sammy was able to leave work, and I called my mom to try and stay calm while I waited for him. Her and my brother drove down and picked up my car for me which was so helpful. I'm so thankful that we've been close to family during this pregnancy because I've had to lean on them a lot. Sammy was amazing and took suck good care of me as well, I'm so glad that he's my partner throughout this.

I still felt a little gross the next day so I stayed home to rest and went to get pictures printed for our scrapbook. I treated myself to some Chick-fil-A while I waited for them to finish. I have a whole page in my scrapbook of pictures of me and food, and this will be added to it ;)


We went and had a 3D, 4D, HD ultrasound done. At first I was hesitant about spending money on it, but I'm so glad that we did. Sammy's parents, my parents, and my sister came with us. As soon as we saw his face, everyone agreed that he looks like Sammy. He definitely has his nose at least! I'm pretty sure he has my chin, but other than that, it's up in the air. He has some huge lips though that we have no idea where they're coming from. My grandma claims it's from her side, and his aunts claim it's from theirs.

We got to see the baby moving around in there. He cried at one point and it was so sad to see! Then he brought his arm up to his face and licked it, then kept licking it. I told Sammy that he's super smort.
Then we saw him smiling, opening and closing his mouth over and over, a yawn, and then he grabbed his foot and started pressing it against the placenta over and over. It was so crazy to feel him moving, then see what the movements actually were. I'd always thought they were big and wild, but most of the time he's just moving his arm or foot. It was so worth it and I'm so glad we did it. Sammy can't stop looking at the pictures and I've caught him rewatching the video a few times. He's so excited and it's made it feel so much more real that he's a real person in there, and he's doing a lot!

With seeing the baby and all the talk about him, we decided to just tell our family what his name will be. We couldn't hold it in any longer, and thankfully everyone liked it!

This was my brother's reaction to seeing the pictures.


Week 31 

It was Harry Potter's Brithday so I went all out with my HP accessories, only to realize when I got to work that I am the only one in that library who has actually read the books. It was a very sad realization. It's a library for goodness sakes!


I can now use my belly as a table. The baby hates it though and starts kicking whatever I put there.


At my library, there is a library downstairs and community resources upstairs. Upstairs they have multiple really nice bathrooms, while downstairs we have one staff bathroom that we share with police officers, park rangers, and so on. So the upstairs staff have a ton of options, while I have one. Anyways, I made my way to the bathroom one day, going as fast as I could, and this guy who works upstairs appeared in the hallway. He was in workout gear and had a gym bag with him, so I knew he was probably going to change in the bathroom. We reached the door to where the bathroom is at the same time. He kinda swung in front of me though and headed towards the bathroom, but started talking about his boss and such while standing in the bathroom doorway. I just sighed, then turned around to walk about because, hello, I was there for the bathroom and he obviously was going to be in there for awhile. I caught his facial expression when I was walking out and he looked mad. Sorry that I didn't care about your story when I needed to pee and you cut in front of me when you have plenty of other bathrooms you can use!

We made the spontaneous decision to go see The Darkest Minds on a Friday night. I loved the books and I've met the author before, and it's always good to support YA at the movies so that they'll keep making YA movies. We don't really do things spontaneously anymore, so it was fun. That will probably be one of the last times we can just decide to go to the movies out of nowhere, so we have to do that while we can. To be honest though, I was a little disappointed with the movie. I think it was just that they were trying to pack so much in, so it felt too fast paced for my liking. Sammy enjoyed the movie though and he hadn't read the books, so maybe I'm just being a book snob. The baby was wiggling the entire movie like crazy. He usually moves a lot at night, and I'm sure that all of the loud noises contributed to that.

On Saturday we went to see Mission Impossible with my family which was great. With how much the baby was moving the night before, I expected him to be a wiggly mess during an action movie, but he barely moved until the last hour of the movie. We were in one of those theaters that brags about how superior the sound is, so I have no idea why he slept through most of that. Fallout is definitely my favorite of the Mission Impossible's. It was so intense and just kept going, and going, and going. And then going. I highly recommend it.

Someone made a comment to me asking if I'm going to be one of those moms who skips church for months after their baby is born. The way it was said came off as if moms who decide to do that are bad or overreacting, and are being judged, which really rubbed me the wrong way. I don't know what the best solution is. I know what the AAP recomends, which is six-eight weeks away from large groups, especially in buildings with poor air circulation. I know that my baby is coming in the middle of flu season. I know that there are people at church who don't believe in vaccines. And I know that for some reason people feel immense guilt about missing church even when they're sick and will come and cough the entire time in a building with very bad air circulation. So actually yes, I will be one of those people 'skipping.' Go ahead and judge me, but I'm not going to risk my baby's health just because you think I'm being ridiculous. We have a friend who had to perform CPR on her baby who was then hospitalized because he had croup, and this is August. I'm not risking it this winter.

Work is getting really hard for me. Most of the summer was relatively calm, but for some reason we keep having incidents at the library. Every day I'm either getting yelled at for no reason, someone is in the building who is unstable, we're having to call the cops for domestic violence, and so on. It's getting really mentally exhausting and frustrating because I have no idea what to expect when I walk in the door, and my ability to calm myself down has been diminished because usually I do breathing exercises, but those are hard to do when there's a human in your lungs. I just want to get through the last few weeks until the baby is born safely. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Liebster-ing it up!

Funny story. A few days ago I was reading all the blogs I follow like I usually do. And of course I read  Jana's  blog and read about how she had won the Liebster award. I had no idea what it was, so I read her post full of fun facts, and for everyone I kept nodding my head going, I DO THAT TOO! Then today I re-read her blog, and realized that she'd nominated me for the Liebster award as well! It was a very exciting moment. Thank you! So I guess this is how it works, I think, I'm new to this whole thing. I totally just stole this off Jana's blog ;) "The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say 'you're doing a great job.' It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it's also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs & get them more readers/ followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated y...

Christmas Lights

It’s funny having a baby and then trying to do things. I’ve noticed over the last year that I’ve gotten an I Can’t do that sort of attitude. We can’t do that because Aaron will cry and we’ll get cranky and so on. I’m really trying to work on that.  My anxiety out in public is much worse too. Now I have two people to protect not just myself. The library definitely changed how I look at places and I wish it hadn’t.  Sammy really wanted to go to a Christmas village downtown but I was too overwhelmed by all the logistics. So we compromised and went to one near us. It was so much fun! It was cold out but not too too bad. Aaron loves looking at the Christmas lights at our apartments, and he really loved these ones. It was so much more fun trying to look at these things through his eyes.  He was also fascinated by the mini Santa and Mrs. Clause at grandma’s house.  I’m so glad we went and can’t wait to go next year when he’s walking:)