Skip to main content

Sunday

After being gone from church for two months, I was itching to go back. Before, I dreaded going for a lot of anxiety reasons. But after taking a break I was ready to see everyone again. 
Getting ready for church with a baby is a lot harder than just getting ready. It took Sammy and I two and a half hours to get ready, mostly because only one of us could get ready at a time while the other took care of Aaron. We made it though and I got to put Aaron in the cutest onesie. Friends, I almost died he was so stinking adorable. 
I went to put my dress on and came back to see that Sammy had completed Aaron's look and somehow gotten his hair to stay down!
He's still figuring out this tie thing. 

We got to church and people weren't as grabby as I thought they'd be, probably because we kept him in his carseat. I have no idea what anyone spoke about that day because I was so focused on Aaron the whole time. Every time he made a noise or wiggled, I was scared he was going to scream. He didn't though. He was such a good boy, and even spoke up quite a bit during Sunday school. He has  a lot of thoughts on the old testament. 

After church the three of us took a nap on the couch, then had dinner over at a friend's house. It was a perfect relaxing Sunday :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...