Skip to main content

Tuesday

I have long said that Tuesdays are the worst days of the week. Mondays are hard because you have to get yourself back into that week grind. But Tuesdays you're tired from Monday and still have to keep on going. That idea only perpetuated itself when I got a job that required me to work later on Tuesday nights. Aaron has caught onto the idea because every single Tuesday with him has been so hard. 

He usually behaves on Mondays which is such a blessing to me since I'm nervous getting back into the week. His good behavior on Monday's had lulled me into a false sense of security like maybe I can do this mom thing on my own. But every single Tuesday has been hard. On one particular Tuesday after his hospital stay Aaron just kept crying and crying and crying. I was full on sobbing by 10:00am because I couldn't get him to stop, and I hadn't slept well the night before. I was too tired to keep up with the crying and I had tried everything to fix it. 

That day was one of the hardest days of motherhood I've had. I ended up sobbing multiple times throughout the day, wasted money on a doctor's visit with someone who didn't know anything about Aaron, and relationships were changed. It was awful, and I just kept feeling like I'm never going to get a handle on this whole motherhood thing. 

When Sammy got home that night it was such a relief and he did his best to comfort me after a hard day. I was getting ready for bed that night and Sammy was eating a cookie. I thought to myself that I'd love a cookie too and it was a shame that we didn't have any chocolate chip. A few minutes later there was a knock at the door. A man from church that I've never spoken to was there with homemade chocolate chip cookies for us. Sammy doesn't eat those so they were really for me. As soon as the man left I started crying all over again, this time with gratitude. I know that was Heavenly Father giving me a tender mercy after a hard day. It was a little reminder that I'm not alone and He knows what's going on and is sending people to help me because I truly cannot do this on my own. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...