After watching season 3 of Stranger Things, we really wanted to go to a fair and play old fashioned fair games. When we saw one was nearby, we attempted to go. It was in the first weekend of August and I was so nervous about the heat. Thankfully it was only 87 that day instead of 97 like it'd been all week previous. As we walked into the fair I immediately saw a kid throwing up in the bushes. So that was fun haha.
We got ourself some street tacos and fries, but honestly they weren't the best. There was this awesome girl band playing under the shade and Aaron and I settled in there while Sammy got some drinks. Aaron started clapping his hands over his ears and crying because the band was too loud. I was sad because their drummer was awesome and I wanted to listen, but we had to move. The only other picnic tables were in the sun. We ate our lunch there and then Aaron needed a bottle. I was getting worried about him because he was acting sluggish in the heat, but we didn't know where else to go because the band was too loud for him. Eventually the band stopped playing and we found a place to sit in the shade again.
We were all drenched in sweat, so we decided to just take Aaron to the petting zoo and call it good. Except when we got to the petting zoo, he didn't have any interest in any of the animals. He was having more fun watching the other kids inside. So that was that. Some booth asked us as we were walking by if we wanted to win a trip to Vegas and I was like, "No, I don't want to go live in sin." I crack myself up haha.
We've tried a few times to do things like this, but this time it's finally hit that this is just not the season of our life for this. We'll try again in a year or two. For now, we'll snuggle at home, go to story time, and activities that aren't so loud and hot and crowded haha!

Comments
Post a Comment