Skip to main content

Bottle Time

Aaron has learned to sort of feed himself with a spoon, but he still refuses to hold his own bottle. Except when he's finished with the bottle. Then he absolutely wants to hold it and play with it. I've been told not to hold it for him and make him hold it himself, but he just won't. He's a stubborn boy and honestly, he's not going to be drinking bottles for his whole life. If he doesn't want to hold them right now, that's okay. 

Now, I really do wish that he would hold it when we were at the grocery store and he was hungry so I started feeding him while he was sitting in the cart, but then when we were checking out they had to take the cart so I had to hold him in my arms while standing, while feeding him. Then they loaded the groceries in his seat so I had to carry his little heavy self to the car like that, using my chin to hold his bottle in place haha!
But I really love those moments of feeding him. It's one of the only times he'll snuggle me. I want to remember the Sunday at church when we were sitting in the hall because Aaron was tired of sitting quietly. He was hungry and we sank into the old chair, resting against the arm rest. Sammy was sitting on the arm of the chair next to us, his arm wrapped around me. He twirled my hair while I fed Aaron, my cheek pressed against his head. He smelled like lavender and his hair is so soft. He was warm and I absolutely loved the weight of him pressed against me. 
When he finished eating, instead of trying to go off and crawl everywhere, he let me snuggle with him before I had to leave him to go teach my class. I love him so much. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...