Skip to main content

A boy and his Wubbanubs

Aaron is getting more obsessed with his pacifiers lately. He likes to crawl around with them and have multiple with him now. One morning I found him like this with all of them.
And then I found him like this in the morning when he woke up.
We heard him chatting in bed on the baby monitor and watched him playing with them, banging them together and sliding them against the crib rails. He loves those things and it melts my heart. 

Sammy and Aaron went to the park one day and lost his panda while they were out. He called it a lost cause but as soon as I heard, I made us all go back to the park and find it. That Wubbanub is special to me because we got it for him after we got out of the hospital. Before that moment, I'd had a hard time really connecting with Aaron. I felt like he really didn't care if I was holding him or not and that I didn't know how to comfort him. I still felt that way in the hospital, but after getting through his first swallow study together, I felt like we were more connected because we'd gotten through that awful moment together. Anyways, the next day back at home, Aaron would whimper every time I was out of eye sight and I saw him strain to see where I was. So we cuddled ALL. DAY. And it was simply the best, and he had his panda, and it was one of my favorite days and a turning point in our relationship. So dang it, I wasn't letting that panda go! Luckily we found it sitting on a bench and after a few baths, it's back in use. 

I can't recommend these pacifiers enough. There are a million cute ones on Amazon, and when Aaron was little he couldn't throw them across the room like his other pacifiers so he started sleeping longer at night. I love these Wubbanubs and so does he!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...