Skip to main content

Death by Bulletin Board

This is the story of the time I almost died in the middle of Michael's.

I was there getting something for my birthday and Michael's was having a huge sale. I've been wanting a bulletin board for Aaron's room for awhile so I wanted to see if they had one for a good deal so I could do something like this

This is a bulletin board I already had in my house for my jewelry

I walked onto an aisle and it was made completely of bulletin boards, and they were pretty. I stopped to look at one with a golden border that said it was 60% off. I pulled it out to look for the price, but the one next to it on the bottom shelf started to move. I set the bulletin board against the cart by Aaron's feet while I tried to fix it. 

More bulletin boards started to move after that on the bottom shelf and I caught them with my leg, trying to hold them in place while I put them back. Then, the bulletin boards on the top shelf started falling out. I caught them with one arm and tried to shove them back in, but then more started to fall so I had both arms holding them up and one leg holding the bottom shelf together. 

I was so embarrassed by this, I didn't want to yell really really loud for help. I was hoping that I could get them back in, but it wasn't happening. Then I hoped that someone would walk by and then come help, but that didn't happen either. I stood there then started calling for help, but not with my all. 

Then Aaron kicked the bulletin board in front of him and the board fell on the cart just right, pushing it down the aisle away from me. One of the bulletin boards crashed to the ground then, and Aaron started crying. That's when a man walked by and came to my rescue. Then an employee came too and they started grabbing all the bulletin boards. I told them I'd just been walking by because I was embarrassed haha. I quickly got out of there. 

And that's the story of how I was almost crushed by bulletin boards because I was too embarrassed to scream for help. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...