Skip to main content

Date night- Take two

Before commencing the reading of this post, please turn on Radioactive by Imagine Dragons. It will make it that more exciting.

A week ago, I had a date night to go down in the history books. Haha. So this weekend, I was a little nervous to head out of the house, especially after an afternoon that left me out of breath. All that worrying as it usually is, was for nothing. It was a great night! We went and saw the Host. It was mediocre as a movie, but still a good watch. A lot of the storyline was lost because most of it is internal dialogue, and you can only have so much internal dialogue in a movie. I enjoyed it though, it was better than a lot of movies I've seen. (Have you ever seen Hana? Don't. Dumbest. Movie. Ever.) Plus, ya know, it kinda helped the two guys were attractive. ;)

I got a bit upset during the previews for other movies though, because there was one that had the exact same plot line as a story I've been working on. Like, we're talking exact. I HATE when that happens! And it happens a lot. Like, this one time, I started working on a re-write of Hamlet from Ophelia's point of view and I was going to have it end where she didn't actually die, and she had Hamlet's kid. I saw it at the bookstore the next day. Or the time I was obsessed with Harry Potter and had only read through the first book and started my own spin off series, where letters were delivered by clouds and instead of magic people focused on telling the future. Then I read the third book, and THAT idea was taken. Or this new book I just found, that's a dystopia based on genetics and I was like NO!!!! That idea's been in my head for YEARS and I still don't have the ability as a writer to complete it and someone else finished it before me. NOOOO!

Rant over. It was a great night though. I sent Sammy an article I'd seen earlier in the day about making date night important, just to go into our advice for when we're old file, but he made tonight so special, focusing just on the night and each other and having a good time.

Guess what else? He didn't make me scream once when we were driving. Now that my friends, is impressive. I love my date nights and know that we'll always do our best to keep them important. And that we'd still love each other if we were caterpillar aliens invading each other's bodies.

Comments

  1. Caterpillar aliens invading each other's bodies? I think I love you. HAHAH. So funny. Sounds like a super great date night. And that totally sucks about the movie thing. That's weird! Maybe you should do that for a living! I bet you'd be good at it. I mean, obviously. Also, I hate when that happens too...but with music. If I discover something great, nobody knows about it, then it becomes out in the open? K. That's a little different. But I Hate that :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...