Skip to main content

Commuter Campus

I go to a commuter campus and I love it. It's something I didn't really understand before I was actually here, the concept of it. I actually thought I was going to hate living and going to school in the city, but I love it. Why?

There's no homecoming. I love my school don't get me wrong, but I would rather represent it with getting a novel done that I'm proud of and published, not spending time watching people I don't know battle it out. There's none of those events and I don't know enough people on campus for it to be weird I don't go.

Everyone else is busy. It's not expected for us all to hang out all the time. Almost everyone lives somewhere else and has other places to be. No feeling bad about not hanging out on campus.

There are soooo many different people. The friends I have made are from every background and culture imaginable! It's so cool learning from them and all about the state.

I get to ride the bus to school and get in a daily walk. I seriously looove my bus time. I get to read for fun or catch up on homework. Whatever it be, my bus time is sacred. I love being driven to school and getting to relax during rush hour.

I love not being in your typical college town. I feel like my experience is so different from students who are at the typical universities and it's something that relieves me. I just can not even think about going to parties and study groups and out all the time.

Ok, I'm realizing all of these things sound like I never talk with people and avoid them like the plague. It's just, I'm an introvert. In high school, I thought I was such an extrovert and spent all of my time out and talking and talking and talking and never said no to anything. And it was exhausting and just not me! And now that I know who I am and where I'm comfortable, it's great! I'm so much happier and am doing the things I want to do. And I definitely talk to people ;) It's all good. The commuter campus isn't for everyone, and I'm positive that other people love it for COMPLETELY different reasons. But these are mine.
All of us at the play Just Like Us. OH yeah, and the best part, is being downtown and able to go to events like these.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...