Poor Sammy. He's had to deal with us two this last week. . .
I'm in love. Actually, I'm kind of obsessed and it's pretty pathetic. I haven't felt this way about a book in a LONG time. (Like, the first time I read twilight as a 14 year old.)
Alas, Divergent and I have a pretty funny love story. Just like with Sammy, it was slow starting. My brother read the book. My sister read the book. I heard other people talking about how they liked the book. And little ole me was like, yo, I can't read that book now, so many people love it. That's a lot of pressure. Plus, I don't want to be that lame person who comes in late to the game once something gets really cool.
Also, I'm ashamed to admit this, but I judge books by their covers. And the cover of Divergent looked a little kiddish to me.
Another also, I'd just read the second book in the Delirium series, and really didn't like it. To me, the second book felt unnatural and like the author just wanted to make more money. Then I read the last page of the third book, and was like, I'm not wasting my time on this! I thought this was what Divergent was going to be like, so I didn't want to get invested in another series only to get upset.
(Side note, if you're not familiar with my weird reading habits, check out my updated about me page:))
So, there I was. Ignoring Divergent.
And then, Yahoo! happened. Yes, Yahoo! There was an article on Shailene Woodley and how she was getting tattooed for the movie. I read the article, saw the tattoos, and thought they were beautiful. And then, I saw Four. His tattooed back intrigued me. The article had a basic plot summary of Divergent and also a trailer for the movie. I watched it and then I was like, hey, I should check that out. This looks kind of cool!
Here's the trailer for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. You know what's awesome?! Is this movie comes out when I'll probably be on my honeymoon, so, yeah. Hahaha!
The next day at work, I noticed we had one copy left, it was on sale, I bought it, started it on the bus, stayed up till midnight to finish it, and have now reread it twice. I love it that much!!!!
Guys, I loved it so much, I didn't even read the last page, until I was actually on the last page. I NEVER DO THAT!
Why's it so awesome? And why is this love getting to a pathetic level? Well, first off, I love a good romance. And I love a good strong heroine, but not so ridiculously strong it's unbelievable. This, has both mixed perfectly. I hate in books where they'll have one really intense scene between the two characters in love, and then have them split off for four more chapters while we explore the society and it's boring. I want more scenes with them together! Divergent kept em coming.
The other thing that really stood out to me was the element of fear. The book talks a lot about all the different ways to deal with fear, what it is, and how to have control over it. There are some really great quotes in there that I've loved. This week, I've been trying to be more like my favorite characters and kick my fears butts. When I feel that anxiety coming on I'm like, hey. Be more like Tris. And Four. Because Four is freaking hot. ;) Hahaha!
There's a whole lot of action and physical elements in the book as well, so. . . I started working out again. Because I want to be like them. . .
And I may or may not have worn eyeliner the other day because there's this one scene, where Tris wears eyeliner, and then Four totally digs it, and then yeah. . . Sammy really appreciated it though, so I felt a little less silly.
I've also been feeling a whole lot more motivated to write. I absolutely LOVED this book. And the author started it in college. I have my own dystopia I'm working on, and I started it last year, in my first month of college. And I love my story, which I should hope so since it's mine, and it keeps growing and developing, and maybe one day there'll be some girl swooning over my characters and feeling empowered by them.
So yeah. If I kind of seem out of it, it's because I'm not here. I'm stuck in a book. And anxiously awaiting the release of the third book in two weeks.
Wanna know something funny? My brother asked for the third book for his birthday, so I'm going to have to buy two copies the day it comes out, because there's no way he's going to let me read his copy and there's no way I'm waiting for him to finish even if he did. Homework will not be a priority that week.
I'm in love. Actually, I'm kind of obsessed and it's pretty pathetic. I haven't felt this way about a book in a LONG time. (Like, the first time I read twilight as a 14 year old.)
Alas, Divergent and I have a pretty funny love story. Just like with Sammy, it was slow starting. My brother read the book. My sister read the book. I heard other people talking about how they liked the book. And little ole me was like, yo, I can't read that book now, so many people love it. That's a lot of pressure. Plus, I don't want to be that lame person who comes in late to the game once something gets really cool.
Also, I'm ashamed to admit this, but I judge books by their covers. And the cover of Divergent looked a little kiddish to me.
Another also, I'd just read the second book in the Delirium series, and really didn't like it. To me, the second book felt unnatural and like the author just wanted to make more money. Then I read the last page of the third book, and was like, I'm not wasting my time on this! I thought this was what Divergent was going to be like, so I didn't want to get invested in another series only to get upset.
(Side note, if you're not familiar with my weird reading habits, check out my updated about me page:))
So, there I was. Ignoring Divergent.
And then, Yahoo! happened. Yes, Yahoo! There was an article on Shailene Woodley and how she was getting tattooed for the movie. I read the article, saw the tattoos, and thought they were beautiful. And then, I saw Four. His tattooed back intrigued me. The article had a basic plot summary of Divergent and also a trailer for the movie. I watched it and then I was like, hey, I should check that out. This looks kind of cool!
Here's the trailer for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. You know what's awesome?! Is this movie comes out when I'll probably be on my honeymoon, so, yeah. Hahaha!
The next day at work, I noticed we had one copy left, it was on sale, I bought it, started it on the bus, stayed up till midnight to finish it, and have now reread it twice. I love it that much!!!!
Guys, I loved it so much, I didn't even read the last page, until I was actually on the last page. I NEVER DO THAT!
Why's it so awesome? And why is this love getting to a pathetic level? Well, first off, I love a good romance. And I love a good strong heroine, but not so ridiculously strong it's unbelievable. This, has both mixed perfectly. I hate in books where they'll have one really intense scene between the two characters in love, and then have them split off for four more chapters while we explore the society and it's boring. I want more scenes with them together! Divergent kept em coming.
The other thing that really stood out to me was the element of fear. The book talks a lot about all the different ways to deal with fear, what it is, and how to have control over it. There are some really great quotes in there that I've loved. This week, I've been trying to be more like my favorite characters and kick my fears butts. When I feel that anxiety coming on I'm like, hey. Be more like Tris. And Four. Because Four is freaking hot. ;) Hahaha!
There's a whole lot of action and physical elements in the book as well, so. . . I started working out again. Because I want to be like them. . .
And I may or may not have worn eyeliner the other day because there's this one scene, where Tris wears eyeliner, and then Four totally digs it, and then yeah. . . Sammy really appreciated it though, so I felt a little less silly.
I've also been feeling a whole lot more motivated to write. I absolutely LOVED this book. And the author started it in college. I have my own dystopia I'm working on, and I started it last year, in my first month of college. And I love my story, which I should hope so since it's mine, and it keeps growing and developing, and maybe one day there'll be some girl swooning over my characters and feeling empowered by them.
So yeah. If I kind of seem out of it, it's because I'm not here. I'm stuck in a book. And anxiously awaiting the release of the third book in two weeks.
Wanna know something funny? My brother asked for the third book for his birthday, so I'm going to have to buy two copies the day it comes out, because there's no way he's going to let me read his copy and there's no way I'm waiting for him to finish even if he did. Homework will not be a priority that week.

Comments
Post a Comment