Skip to main content

A Baby Catch Up Post

As you've probably seen the last few weeks, I've decided to start blogging again. After a much needed break, I'm at a point in my life where I won't have homework EVER. AGAIN. 
(Well, besides writing deadlines when I get published. But that's down the road.)
I missed blogging so much and am excited to get back! So, here's (hopefully) the last huge catch-up post that I'll have to do in awhile. 

*Also, make sure to check out my Just the Two of Us page that I updated. I'll update the About page as soon as I graduate. I don't want to jinx it ;)*

We saw Star Wars together. It was fantastic! I saw it three times, first with Sammy, then with my family, then with Sammy again on New Years Eve. Someone almost spoiled the movie for us by the bathrooms, and I spoke up and asked them to stop, which is a big deal for me. 
We celebrated Christmas Eve with Sammy's family, and my outfit was on point. I'll only share this picture since all the one's other's took of me where very, very unflattering. They just don't know how to photograph me like I do ;)
 When some friend's of Sammy's parents showed up, we went and hid in the basement, because we're adults like that. Sammy and Mike playing table air hockey.
One of my New Year's Resolutions was to try twenty new recipes. So far this year we've tried 11 new recipes, and liked about five of them. My best is broccoli cheese soup. SO. GOOD. 
One of my favorite things to do when Sammy falls asleep on my lap is to take pictures of him, them text them to him in hopes that he'll wake up. Whenever Sammy takes naps I get lonely and feel like I'm at sleepovers again, awkwardly waiting for the other girls to wake up in the morning. Sammy never feels the texts though. 
Sammy went with me to meet one of my favorite authors, Alex Bracken. This was seriously my favorite date of the year so far. I got to nerd out, and Sammy was there with me, and best of all he was enjoying it! He actually was the one to see her enter the room and I got goosebumps. She's so cool, and one day we're going to be friends. Every one of my best friends I decided they were going to be my friend before even meeting them, so it's going to happen. Alex signed all of my books with personal messages, and Sammy bought her Star Wars book. 
I actually talked to her too, although it was about marijuana. That's my go to nervous topic with out of state people. It hasn't failed me yet. (By the way, she liked my marijuana story. It was about Sammy's uncle getting sick before our wedding because he ate too many pot brownies, then tried to feel better by drinking wine. Which is a no-no.)
We were on her Instagram as well!
The Broncos won the Superbowl. Watching the game with Sammy's families friends was, interesting. I almost lost hearing in one ear from one ladies screaming. While walking home from school, I passed the parade and watched it for a moment. I was confused because the people on the fire trucks were wearing the same jerseys as the fans. I'm pretty sure I saw Brock Osweiler though. That, or a fan who somehow got on a firetruck in his jersey and looked like him.
The day before Valentine's Day Sammy and I went to our first political rally. Please do not judge my political standing, or try to argue politics with me in the comments. I don't care. It was a fun experience and there were 18,000 people there. Plus, I stood feet away from a man who's running for President. No matter what way you roll, it's amazing to stand in a room with 18,000 other passionate people who wanted to spend the night before Valentine's day listening to this man speak.  

My brother found a renewed love of the guitar, so the family band got to play once again. Everyone I showed this picture to thought that I was the girl at the guitar. No, that's my sister. Please notice my semi attempt to be artistic with my drums. 
My sister is going to nursing school and has been practicing getting our blood pressure. She let me try once which was fun, and further confirmation that I was not meant for nursing school. 
Sammy and I saw Batman V Superman. I did NOT want to see this movie. I absolutely hated Man of Steel. I cried the first two times I saw it, once because I thought he was going to propose, the second time because I was PMSing and remembered the time I thought he was going to propose. The third time it was okay, but still not my favorite. To my surprise though, I LOVED Batman V Superman. So much.
I quit my job at the bookstore. I just couldn't take it anymore. I was crying every night when I got home from work. My boss was crazy, the store was failing, and I just had so much homework. Leaving was one of the best things I've ever done. This was my first day being able to go to school and wear what I wanted, since we couldn't wear open toed shoes at work. I also even had time to do my hair.
My novel has been more than doubling in length which is fantastic. I'm starting to feel like I can do this writer thing. 
For Spring Break, I went down to the outlets with my mom and sister. I ended up getting four dresses and a shirt for less than a hundred dollars. 
We had dinner with Sammy's friends, and they made the best steak I have ever had in my entire life. No steak will ever compare. Every time I look at this picture, my mouth waters. I was sniffing the shirt I wore that night for days because it had the lingering smell.
We had a blizzard. It was Sammy's first, and he tried to go to work. When he wouldn't listen to me and stay home, I helped him clean off the car, broke our broom, and watched him struggle to get out. I then went inside, got out of my wet clothes and into warm pajamas. At that moment he called to tell me that he was stuck in the apartment parking lot. I had to push him out twice, and was sore the rest of break.
My mom and siblings helped me spring clean my house, because I suck at it. I need someone to talk to while I clean, and someone to help me decide whether to toss or keep things. My siblings organized my pantry all on our own, and Sammy almost cried when he saw it. 
My mom, brother, and I went to a free show by American Authors. They only played two songs, but they were my favorite two, and we got to meet them. They were so cool and sound great acoustic!
We got to have dinner with friends that I grew up with and it was great! Sammy held a baby for the first time, and he was really nervous. He only smiled for this picture, then handed the baby right back. 
It's hard to see, but on 4/20 (or national go smoke pot day for those of you out of the know;)) there was a plane flying over the city with a banner that said Grow Your Own. It was funny, and quite sad. I swear there's so much more to Colorado than the weed. I almost stayed home from a class because I haven't used any of my absences to do some homework, but went because I didn't want people to think I was a pothead. 
And that's it! Here's to hopefully not doing another one of these! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...