Skip to main content

A Real Date Night + Summer Bucket List


With school and work and well, our general homebodiness, it's been awhile since Sammy and I went out on an actual date. By that, I mean going out for something other than food. Last week we went to a Rapids game. We haven't been to one of those in three years. It was a blast! 
Soccer is my favorite sport to go out to because it's fast paced, the fans aren't crazy stupid competitive, they don't get crazy drunk, and I know it will be over in less than two hours. I also understand soccer having played it before, so there's that. 
One of the players on the Rapids went to our high school, which was weird to see. The game was great. The Rapids won 3-1 and the last goal was absolutely beautiful. It was a lot colder than we expected it to be, so the two of us snuggled up real close and watched. 
I loved actually going out with Sammy and doing something that we both enjoyed. Neither of us had been to a professional soccer game with anyone else before, so it's sort of our thing. I definitely want to keep this tradition up.

This summer since we had to cancel our trip to California, we want to do a lot of fun things at home. This summer we want to
*Go to the aquarium
*Go to the museum
*Visit Garden of the Gods 
*Go on a hike
*Go swimming
*Get tan
*Go to the drive in movie theater
*Read a book (Hopefully by the pool ;)) 

I'm looking forward to doing all these things with Sammy, and hopefully more that we find along the way. We're only young for so long without kids, and I definitely want to take advantage of it. 

Comments

  1. Andy and I feel the same way-- we're trying to do as much as we can now before we have kids!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Liebster-ing it up!

Funny story. A few days ago I was reading all the blogs I follow like I usually do. And of course I read  Jana's  blog and read about how she had won the Liebster award. I had no idea what it was, so I read her post full of fun facts, and for everyone I kept nodding my head going, I DO THAT TOO! Then today I re-read her blog, and realized that she'd nominated me for the Liebster award as well! It was a very exciting moment. Thank you! So I guess this is how it works, I think, I'm new to this whole thing. I totally just stole this off Jana's blog ;) "The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say 'you're doing a great job.' It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it's also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs & get them more readers/ followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated y...

Getting lost makes me feel ashfishsihfasjshd ngklea sometimes.

Yesterday was my first shift at my new job at the college bookstore. It went pretty great! I like being a cashier a whole lot more than organizing the same bin of bras the fifth time that hour. Ringing up customers text books made me excited to go get mine and start the learning. I probably won't be feeling that way in a few weeks though haha. I'm nowhere close to getting the hang of the cash register yet, but I know how to answer most questions. (You usually just send them to the book section and make the people over there deal with it.) The only time I was completely confused was when a guy came in and asked me for directions to another city. I didn't know being a gps was expected. Over all a great day. Then today happened. Today I wasn't even officially working, I had a mandatory sexual harassment and work place violence meeting. Woo! Sounds fun huh? I showed up ten minutes early, clocked in, then was told to head to the North Classrooms. I looked around and there ...