Skip to main content

Apartment Living

Sammy and I have been in our little apartment for two years now, and will be here for at least one more. We're so thankful to have such a great place to live, and that we genuinely feel safe here and haven't had any other major problems. 

However, there are so many weird things that come with apartment living. I don't know what exactly it is, but I've been noticing them more and more lately. Probably because I day dream about a house and all the pictures that I can put on the walls. I find so many pretty pictures, but have limited wall space. I recently made every wall a collage wall. One day I'll space things out like a normal person, and only have one collage wall, but today is not that day. 
(If you ever want to get a lot of nice pictures for cheap, check out Deseretbook.com and their gallery pads. I recently purchased the Life is Beautiful one as a graduation gift to myself.)

Since leaving the bookstore, I've also been at home more than I've ever been since we've lived here, so I'm there during the day to see the weirdness. That will soon end when I start my full time job, but the weirdness will not. Where I'm working is in a weird part of town.

Anyways, back to apartment living. I've seen some weird things these past two years. 

Once I walked outside and there was a little old lady I'd never seen before sitting in my neighbors lawn chair, packing marijuana into a pipe.

I've left the windows open and overheard neighbors meeting, and discovering that they were at the same party last weekend, and he was the one who was tackled by the cops and she was the one who was yelling at the other one.

We come home and our apartment smells like bacon and weed.

We watched a literal cat fight outside before. They sound nasty and are pretty intense.

I often wonder if the slight banging I hear on the wall is my neighbor trying to get help, since she is older and sick.

We haven't seen said neighbor in over a month. Instead, the lady with the pipe has been staying in there. We're not sure what happened. *Update- she was out of town for a month. Thank goodness she is okay!

Kids have gotten lost and violently tried to open my doors multiple times. It scares me so bad. They're pushing so hard, sometimes I'm scared my door is going to break. We always open the door and they look at us in fear, then run to their right home.

The neighborhood kids have asked when we're having our own kids. 

Once my neighbor ran out of her house with crazy eyes, asking me where my basket was. I guess she thought I looked like Little Red Riding Hood? 

After Spring Cleaning and throwing a lot of stuff in the dumpster, we found it Easter morning by our stairs, completely messed with. Someone had taken some cloth and wrapped up poles, they'd taken the leftovers of a roll of duct tape and covered things in it, ripped up some clothes. It was the weirdest thing ever. 

I know that a lot of weirder things happen in the other buildings. Luckily our building is sort of secluded from the others, and is mostly one bedroom apartments so there aren't a ton of kids. We also hear your usual yelling at night, and people banging upstairs at 7:00 in the morning on Saturdays. It's a weird life, but there's a time and a season for everything, and right now is our time to experience apartment living. 

Comments

  1. I am thankful that Andy and I will be living on post.... although some Army posts are kinda sketch haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...