Skip to main content

House Guest

My best friend from middle school and high school, Kelsey, stayed with Sammy and I for a week. It was our first time having a house guest, and it went pretty well! We were all doing our own things most of the day so we weren't together that long. It was nice having someone to eat our food because I always make too much. I also had an excuse to buy ice cream because I wouldn't be the only one eating it :) 

Gerald the fish was happy to see his mommy. His bubble nest was huge! We've never see it this big, and it went upwards as well. 
It was weird having someone else living with us, in that we had to be more aware. We couldn't just walk around without our pants anymore. We had to close the bathroom door. We closed our door at night, making it extremely stuffy. (I had one of the worst panic attacks that I've had in awhile because of the heat, and just being exhausted from going out, and the fact that I'd just been so stressed about whether I might have one or not. I sat in the bathroom for two hours in the middle of the night. Not fun.) 

It was fun getting to catch up and just having someone to vent to with that last few weeks of school stress.
 
Plus, Kelsey taught me how to make fried rice.
 
It was weird spending that much time with Kelsey though. We haven't spent that much time together since high school. So naturally, we talked about high school quite a bit, along with where we are now.
It was just weird having my high school self coming into contact with my self now. I've changed so much, and I'm so thankful for that. I didn't like my high school self. She was so insecure, and selfish. She wasn't comfortable telling people about her dreams. Now here I am, going after them. I'm very spiritual, and completely comfortable with myself. The people I keep close to me uplift me, and I hope I uplift them. I don't pretend to like things I don't. I'm a wife, and look forward to starting a family one day. I'm so proud of me now. Kelsey has changed a lot as well, and I'm happy for her. She's going to Taiwan to teach, and seems happy. 

I'm glad that we got to spend a week together before she goes on her next adventure. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...