Skip to main content

Nursery


A year and a half ago, I was called to the nursery. When they asked me to do it, I laughed. Then told them I'm awful with kids. Up to that point, the last time I'd babysat, the kid had tried to choke me. There was no way I would be able to work with a bunch of small children. I didn't know anything about them! 

Turns out, I love working in the nursery. I absolutely love the kids, and have learned to play with them. I've learned to let myself go and be silly. I've learned to say no to more marshmallows, and try to help them go potty for the fourteenth time. 
I've learned to let it go when they smash my towers and that I'll never finish one. I've also learned how to let them help me build a tower. I have sore arms every Monday from holding someone in my arms, whether that be to get the higher up bubbles, or to comfort them. 

There have been kids that I thought I'd never be able to love. And I've learned to love them. I've learned from the women around me who work so hard to love them, and who taught me to look past that nickname of 'the hitter.' Because they can be better than that. 

I'm still learning to be comfortable crawling up to them and sniffing their butts to see who's stinky, and to tell a dirty diaper from farts. The one week that I wanted to leave crying and pull my hair out, and swore that I'd never have kids, the ladies comforted me, and told me that I'll (hopefully) never have seven children the same age at once. 

I love the nursery. I love my Heavenly Father who knows me so much better than I know myself, and knows what I'm capable of and helping me grow. 

And I fully know that everyone is going to cry a lot this week because I'm being so sappy. 

Comments

  1. I taught preschool Sunday school here and there but never diaper aged... you are a champ!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Liebster-ing it up!

Funny story. A few days ago I was reading all the blogs I follow like I usually do. And of course I read  Jana's  blog and read about how she had won the Liebster award. I had no idea what it was, so I read her post full of fun facts, and for everyone I kept nodding my head going, I DO THAT TOO! Then today I re-read her blog, and realized that she'd nominated me for the Liebster award as well! It was a very exciting moment. Thank you! So I guess this is how it works, I think, I'm new to this whole thing. I totally just stole this off Jana's blog ;) "The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say 'you're doing a great job.' It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it's also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs & get them more readers/ followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated y...

Getting lost makes me feel ashfishsihfasjshd ngklea sometimes.

Yesterday was my first shift at my new job at the college bookstore. It went pretty great! I like being a cashier a whole lot more than organizing the same bin of bras the fifth time that hour. Ringing up customers text books made me excited to go get mine and start the learning. I probably won't be feeling that way in a few weeks though haha. I'm nowhere close to getting the hang of the cash register yet, but I know how to answer most questions. (You usually just send them to the book section and make the people over there deal with it.) The only time I was completely confused was when a guy came in and asked me for directions to another city. I didn't know being a gps was expected. Over all a great day. Then today happened. Today I wasn't even officially working, I had a mandatory sexual harassment and work place violence meeting. Woo! Sounds fun huh? I showed up ten minutes early, clocked in, then was told to head to the North Classrooms. I looked around and there ...