Skip to main content

The Best Fourth Ever

This past Fourth of July was honestly the best one that I've had. It was such a great day. Sammy came home from Chicago the day before, and I was so glad to see him. We got to spend the morning snuggling, which was amazing. We went to the grocery store real quick and it was actually a good trip. Usually when we go to the grocery store we fight over silly things and I get a headache for unknown reasons. This time it was rather enjoyable. 

As soon as we got home and got the cold items in the fridge, we went swimming! Sammy and I haven't been swimming together in years. Years! It's almost disgusting. We've been at these apartments for two years and have never gone in the pool together. When we got to the pool, no one was there. The water was fantastic, and we had fun trying to remember all the different swim strokes. It's fun being weightless in the pool because we were able to give each other piggy back rides and carry each other bridal style, and just be goof balls. Then, we read our respective books poolside. There's seriously no better place to read a book than right next to the pool while the hot sun dries you off. 

After pool time, we finally showered and then went to lunch at Freddy's. Sammy had promised me that we could eat there a week in advance, and I'd really been looking forward to it. I love their fries and fry sauce, along with their burgers and ice cream:) 

After stuffing ourselves, we went home and watched Zootopia. That's now on my top favorite Disney Movies list. It's SO good. I thought I wasn't going to like it, but I loved it. I put off watching it for so long, but am glad we saved it for this perfect day. I love the messages about racism and xenophobia, but it's also hilarious and fun. There were so many easter eggs to other movies, and even one to Breaking Bad. Such a fun movie! 

It was after watching the movie that my sunburn began to appear. 
I honestly have no idea why this is how my arm turned out. 
After the movie, we took a little nap, I wrote for a bit, and then we met up with some friends for ice cream. We then headed over to the rec center to watch fireworks with them. The problem is that the rec center they wanted to go to is one of the busiest in the area because they have divers  that come down with the flag. I've never been to their fireworks show because we could see the fireworks from our backyard. But they wanted to go, so we decided to give it a try. 

When we got there though, we couldn't find out friends and couldn't get in contact with them. There were so many people, so we just picked a spot and decided to stay there. 
After awhile it looked like it was going to rain, people were setting off their own fireworks all around us, and honestly, we both don't care about seeing the show. I can't describe the amount of love I felt when Sammy leaned over and asked if we could leave. I'd been thinking the same thing. We saw all the different fireworks shows from the safety of our car on the way home. 

It was the best Fourth I've ever had, and I honestly don't think next year will be able to top it. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...