Happy Fourth of July! What an amazing day filled with so much meaning. I'm so grateful for this country and everything that this day has made possible. Growing up, one of my favorite things to research was the American Revolution. It absolutely fascinated me, every single part of it and just how many things had to happen at the right time in the right place for this country to come about.
Here I am as George Washington in fifth grade. I was pretty dang cool, if I do say so myself, because I was the star of the play George Washington: Spy Master.
Anyways. Sammy and I have been reading the Book of Mormon together as a couple this year. It was amazing to read in Nephi about the prophecies about the land that they were living on, which would later become America. The people were promised so many things if they would stay faithful to the Lord, and Sammy and I really enjoyed picking about those promises. Things like the land would be it's own, not tied to anyone else. Christopher Columbus was mentioned, the American Revolution was mentioned, and so much more. I really recommend reading in Nehpi and finding those passages.
This is an amazing country and I'm so grateful for it. I'm especially grateful for all the men and women who have fought and given up their lives to keep it safe and possible to live and worship the way that is right for me. This country is made of amazing people, and even when it seems like it's going out of control, I remember that this is a land of promise and the amazing individuals who help make and keep it that way.
I hope everyone has an amazing Fourth of July with their loved ones this year!


Comments
Post a Comment