Skip to main content

Pokemon Going, Going, Gone

This is the sad tale of my experience playing Pokemon Go. 

It all started one morning as I told Sammy about the game. Somehow, he hadn't heard of it, despite the fact that he stays up to date on these things, and the fact that he loves Pokemon. He immediately downloaded the app, and attempted to catch a Charmander in our living room. After a few failed attempts, I asked if I could try. He let me, and I caught Charmander. I watched his cute little face as he was sucked into the Pokeball. I was then hooked. 

I ran around the apartment while Sammy caught another Pokemon. I danced in the background, laughing that the Pokemon was on me. I went to work that day and saw that one of my coworkers was playing as well. 

I didn't download the app myself for a few days. When I did, I went around happily catching Pokemon at my parents house. I played the next day (Sunday) as well, but quickly started getting bored. There were no cool Pokemon in my house or where I went. Sammy caught a cool flaming horse though, and I wanted that.

The next day, I eagerly went to work where my coworker told me a lot of Pokemon were. When I got there though, I saw that the app had erased all the Pokemon I'd caught, and logged me out. My dad had also pointed out the security risk of playing Pokemon, showing the inside of your home with the exact GPS location. All of this combined with my un-competitive nature led to me deleting the app. I'll never catch that flaming pony. Oh darn.

The End. 
Here's a picture from the time I tried to make an omelette in a mug. It was alright, but I got tired of eating eggs and went back to oatmeal with dinosaurs. And then cereal because cereal is cheaper-ish. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...