Now that I've been at work for awhile, I've ventured out into the world, under the guidance of my much braver co-worker. She took me to a legit taco stand where we had real tacos.
It was quite an experience. The building was all white and said TACOS Y PAPUSAS on the top. When we went in, we stepped up and the door was impossible to open because there was some sort of weird vortex of air inside. There was only room to stand and order at two windows. The rest of the building was all kitchen.
Just inside the window there was this hunk of meat spinning around. Whenever someone ordered tacos al pastor, they just shaved off a bit of meat from the hunk and threw it on the grill.
It was unbearably hot inside. I was starving and started to feel faint from the heat. Finally I was able to order, and we waited for our food. It was so worth it.
Not pictured was the papusa that we split, and the limon Jarrito we had as well. These tacos were so good. I can't even describe it. The best part was that after eating them, I didn't feel bloated and gross, like I do with other tacos. I felt light and fine. My body knew that it was having real food and it was happy.
I may be going here a whole lot. I'm also very happy that my husband is Mexican and that he loves these as well. Real tacos are where it's at.

There's a new taco stand in my hometown and I ate there before I moved... they were SO good!!!
ReplyDelete