Skip to main content

Engage-a-versary

Three years ago today, this cute guy asked me to be his wife. 
 
My mom did a photo shoot with me literally an hour before Sammy kidnapped me to propose. Who knew those would be my last photos without a ring on. 
Side note. I'm desperately waiting for my hair to get that long again. Come on hair, you can do it!

I remember picking out my outfit that morning, wondering if Sammy was going to propose, and purposefully picking a shirt that wasn't my favorite, in hopes that I wouldn't jinx it. It worked.

Here's where you can read about my engagement. It's a pretty great story if I do say so myself.

Six years ago today, I met Sammy for the first time.

This is the girl that he met that first day of school. Except I was wearing a much cuter purple shirt. Sammy wouldn't let me find or put a picture of him from back then, and since I love him I won't. But he looked MUCH different, and lived in Hollister shirts and too big jeans.

Thinking back on first meeting him, and just the beginning of our relationship, it honestly scares me how close this all came to not happening. The littlest of things could have thrown the universe out of wack and we wouldn't have been together. Or I said or did something completely crazy and he could have just walked away. Like when I brought up the idea of marriage before we were eighteen. And many, many more things like that.

The other day after working out in the morning, I was completely sweaty and my clothes were soaked, so I threw all of them off. Normally I would have hopped straight into the shower, but I really wasn't feeling good and needed to get some food in me. So I poured a bowl of cereal and got to eating it, in the nude, on the couch. Sammy sat next to me and we chatted. I asked him if he ever thought he would be doing this when he met me in high school six years ago. The answer was a definite no.

Yet, this is our life.

Our awesome life where Sammy only eats one slice of frozen pizza so I can bring one for work the next day. A life where we we've watched all the blockbusters this summer late at night. A life where we genuinely love spending every day together and laugh so much. A life where Sammy cutely named all the plants and solar systems in 'No Man's Sky' after me. A life where we're accomplishing our dreams and continually making new ones. I'm so glad I met this wonderful boy, and for some reason he stood out to me. I'm so glad that he took me to a beautiful park and got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife. And I'm so glad that we've worked together and continue working together on our relationship that will last for eternity.


Comments

  1. Lol I wore a bathrobe all day yesterday because I didn't feel like getting dressed. It was nice to be able to do that! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...