Skip to main content

Engaged!

So yesterday. . . Sammy finally proposed! This is how it went down. 
I got a text around five telling me I should go outside. My dog was barking like crazy so I looked out and saw a bunch of cars driving around. Confused I kept looking. Then I saw Sammy creeping out from behind a car. He ran over and three a blindfold over my face and said I was coming with him. I agreed but made him go close my front door.

We took off, me giggling, him talking like Kevin from the Office. A few minutes later Sammy said oh crap. Then he said that we were being pulled over. I immediately took off my blindfold and sure enough we were. We pulled over and waited for the cop to come over. I couldn't stop laughing. The cop had his hand on his gun and asked us if everything was ok. We explained that we were going on a date, to which he said oh i hope I didn't ruin the surprise. He checked to make sure my hands weren't tied and then sent us on our way. 

I couldn't stop laughing the whole drive downtown, which was very long considering there was a football game. It was too funny. As soon as we pulled onto the backed up highway I told Sammy I had to pee. He said seriously and I was like hey, I didn't know I was being kidnapped! So once we got downtown we stopped at a gas station, where I then told Sammy I don't feel comfortable peeing at gas stations unless I buy something so he bought a pack of gum so I could go haha! In the car I tried to put the gum in the center console and Sammy freaked out, so I figured out that's where my ring was hiding. I teased him the rest iof the ride and kept reaching towards the console.

Then back in the car we went and Sammy told me to put the blindfold on again. I made sure to hold my hands up in case any other policemen spotted us. About ten minutes later Sammy finally parked, it was hard to keep my blindfold on because I wanted to help him find a space. Then he led me out of the car. I heard music blasting and was really confused. I kept saying Sammy I don't want people looking at me and he kept saying there's no one here I promise, and I wondered if we were going to a concert or something. He led me for a bit and then I heard him try to rattle a gate open and I wanted to laugh, we'd gotten this far only to be foiled by a locked gate. But Sammy led me some more and then told me to sit down. We were in a garden full of waterfalls and fountains and it was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. I'd never seen this place before. 

I looked at the flowers for a bit and Sammy kept one arm behind his back. Then he told me to sit down again. He went on to say that this past week has been one of the worst ever, and that its time to move on. That he's going to be the man he knows how to be and it's time for a new chapter. Then he got down on one knee, opened the box, and said 
Kylee Marie Wiechman, will you marry me? 

And I said yes:)
Then put my feet in the fountain because I'd just gotten engaged there, I could do that. There was a family standing across the park watching us and Sammy screamed, she said yes to him. Then a whole bunch of birds flew across the sky and it was beautiful.

It was everything I wanted. I'd always secretly wanted the police to get involved when I got engaged, it was sprinkling the way there, it was in a beautiful place I had no idea existed, and, Sammy proposed on the day that I met him, three years later :)


Comments

  1. CONGRATS KYLEE!!!!! I love your engagement story. Too funny that the cop thought you were really being kidnapped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you serious? Congratulations! For a second, I thought the cop was gonna be in on it! haha. So happy for you! Marriage is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Excited to follow you on your journey!

    we&serendipity

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Liebster-ing it up!

Funny story. A few days ago I was reading all the blogs I follow like I usually do. And of course I read  Jana's  blog and read about how she had won the Liebster award. I had no idea what it was, so I read her post full of fun facts, and for everyone I kept nodding my head going, I DO THAT TOO! Then today I re-read her blog, and realized that she'd nominated me for the Liebster award as well! It was a very exciting moment. Thank you! So I guess this is how it works, I think, I'm new to this whole thing. I totally just stole this off Jana's blog ;) "The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say 'you're doing a great job.' It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it's also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs & get them more readers/ followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated y...

Christmas Lights

It’s funny having a baby and then trying to do things. I’ve noticed over the last year that I’ve gotten an I Can’t do that sort of attitude. We can’t do that because Aaron will cry and we’ll get cranky and so on. I’m really trying to work on that.  My anxiety out in public is much worse too. Now I have two people to protect not just myself. The library definitely changed how I look at places and I wish it hadn’t.  Sammy really wanted to go to a Christmas village downtown but I was too overwhelmed by all the logistics. So we compromised and went to one near us. It was so much fun! It was cold out but not too too bad. Aaron loves looking at the Christmas lights at our apartments, and he really loved these ones. It was so much more fun trying to look at these things through his eyes.  He was also fascinated by the mini Santa and Mrs. Clause at grandma’s house.  I’m so glad we went and can’t wait to go next year when he’s walking:)