Skip to main content

The Zoo- Part one

We went to the zoo today! I've been wanting to go for about a year now and Sammy finally took me! Last night I started to freak out and get anxious about going and couldn't sleep. But Sammy was patient with me and even drove and guess what. The world didn't end. Nothing completely horribly terrible happened. It was a great time! It was such a great date with my best friend. : ) 
I asked Sammy what his favorite animal was to see and he said the dogs. Then he asked if there would be all different breeds of dogs for him to pet. He's such a dork. As soon as we got to the zoo he started singing the Jurassic Park theme song. To which I said, wrong zoo! (Then I watched Jurassic Park tonight when I got home hahaha!)
Of course we took a bunch of pictures. And Sammy's turned out better than mine, but I don't have them yet, so alas only my many, many, many pictures of the lizards. I have a lizard problem. I love them. I have ever since fourth grade when we had a bearded dragon as the class pet. So I was sort of in lizard heaven today. I also took so many pictures of the lizards because when my dog lays upside down with her yellow eyes, I swear she looks like a lizard/velociraptor! Here's my lizards! (And an awesome bird and a frog)
He was waving his hand in front of his face, it looked like he was dancing
They hatched less than a month ago!
Oh lizards, I love you : ) But I love Sammy more. I'm so glad that he shares my love of animals and is patient with me and that we went to the zoo! More pictures to come!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Liebster-ing it up!

Funny story. A few days ago I was reading all the blogs I follow like I usually do. And of course I read  Jana's  blog and read about how she had won the Liebster award. I had no idea what it was, so I read her post full of fun facts, and for everyone I kept nodding my head going, I DO THAT TOO! Then today I re-read her blog, and realized that she'd nominated me for the Liebster award as well! It was a very exciting moment. Thank you! So I guess this is how it works, I think, I'm new to this whole thing. I totally just stole this off Jana's blog ;) "The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say 'you're doing a great job.' It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it's also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs & get them more readers/ followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated y...

Getting lost makes me feel ashfishsihfasjshd ngklea sometimes.

Yesterday was my first shift at my new job at the college bookstore. It went pretty great! I like being a cashier a whole lot more than organizing the same bin of bras the fifth time that hour. Ringing up customers text books made me excited to go get mine and start the learning. I probably won't be feeling that way in a few weeks though haha. I'm nowhere close to getting the hang of the cash register yet, but I know how to answer most questions. (You usually just send them to the book section and make the people over there deal with it.) The only time I was completely confused was when a guy came in and asked me for directions to another city. I didn't know being a gps was expected. Over all a great day. Then today happened. Today I wasn't even officially working, I had a mandatory sexual harassment and work place violence meeting. Woo! Sounds fun huh? I showed up ten minutes early, clocked in, then was told to head to the North Classrooms. I looked around and there ...