Skip to main content

Flying Home & Being Back

Because of my experience landing in Mexico, and my bouts with motion sickness, I was terrified to fly home. I did my best to stay calm at the airport while we waited, finished my book, almost cried happy tears at the ending, and yeah. When we were checking in, we were unexpectedly moved up to business class. I didn't think much of it until we actually got on the plane and were in the fourth row. There were only two seats, and they were HUGE! There was leg room, so much that I could get up to go to the bathroom with no problem! And there were only two seats! 

Then there was the perk of having our own bathroom, a full meal, a hot towel, warm nuts, and a cookie! All for free. We didn't do anything except show up to the airport early. Random woman at the airport, thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! 

It was a much less stressful flight because of the extra room and being able to go to the bathroom. I also took allergy medication in hopes it would help my ear. Sammy and I slept for awhile, and then watched Dr. Strange. Right when we hit the scenes in the mirror dome where the screen is shifting all over the place, we hit some turbulence. So I was flying all around and they were flying all around. It was a 4D experience. Thankfully landing went smoothly and everything was great. 

Being home has been hard. As soon as we got into the car to drive, Sammy and I were both instantly frustrated and so confused why. It's because we were driven around for a week by professionals, and people in CO don't know how to drive. Then the horror of having to go back to work and school and not being able to spend every single moment together was hitting. 

I went to a baby shower the next day and that was fun! I currently have five pregnant friends right now, so I'm going to a lot of those, and every time I post about them people think I'm pregnant. Nope! 
There was a fun game where there were babies in ice cubes and whoever's melted first won a prize. My baby came out butt first which was hilarious. 
Proof of pregnant friend. Also, I haven't worn this shirt in two years because it didn't fit. Yay!
We went out to eat with Sammy's family the next day, and I had to stop myself from saying gracias and por favor to the staff, since I'd said it to everyone all week. I also kept forgetting to text Sammy when I got safely to work because I hadn't texted anyone in a whole week, so that was weird. Going back to the gym was rough, talking with people has been rough, it's all been so weird. 

I've missed hearing Spanish all day everyday, so I've started using Duolingo to practice and learn more, and I think it's helping. That plus being in Mexico has really helped me this past week at work help two different families who only speak Spanish. I used what I knew and google translate for the other words, so I've been grateful for that. I really want to learn more Spanish and one day speak fluently. My speaking to them in Spanish could really help my future children be bilingual, a skill that they're going to need in this world.

I'm craving another vacation and we've only been back a week. 

Comments

  1. I would love for my future children to be bilingual! I just need to learn Spanish first!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...