Skip to main content

Cuddles

When we were in the hospital, I joked with my mom and sister that when I pictured motherhood, I pictured it going a lot differently. I thought that I'd spend the day watching Harry Potter with Aaron, then I'd write while he took a nap, then I'd have the time and energy to make a delicious, nutritious meal every night while he sat in his bouncer and watched me. 

Haha. I was so naive. 

The day after the hospital, Aaron was extremely cuddly with me. He did not want me to put him down or walk out of eye sight. One of the saddest moments of the day was when I put him in his rock and play and walked to grab something. I watched him turn his head and his eyes follow me. As soon as I was out of eyesight, he started screaming. I

 completely changed my plans for the day at that moment. I didn't worry about cleaning up or making dinner.  We went for a walk and I left the shade down so he could see me. 
I turned on Harry Potter and snuggled with my boy in his matching onesie. 
When he woke up I let him play on my legs where he cooed and wiggled.
A package we'd ordered for him before all the craziness arrived that day and Sammy and I both melted inside as we watched him cuddle with his panda. 
I'm so glad that I was able to have a day where all I did was hold my baby. We both needed it. I can't even describe how good it felt to see that my baby was comforted by my presence, and that he watches when I walk across the room, and sometimes he just needs to be held by me. It's been an interesting time bonding with him and a lot of the time I feel like he's indifferent towards me, but that day I was all that he wanted. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...