Skip to main content

All the Doctors

In January we spent quite a bit of time in the doctor's office. We went to establish care with Aaron's new pediatrician. We really like them. Then we were back two days later because I thought Aaron was spitting up blood. They got me in fifteen minutes after I called and ended up staying two hours after close with us. I can't say how incredibly grateful I am for them. I feel like other doctors would have just sent us to urgent care where we would have waited all night. 

Sammy was able to get off work early and be with us which I was so grateful for. At one point they almost sent us to the hospital because they did a blood test that came back really low and might have indicated internal bleeding. They did it again and got a different number that was still low. I was glad to know that I'd put a go bag in the car earlier that week just in case we ever have to stay in the hospital again because holy cow it was awful to wear the same underwear for a few days. Aaron was eating fussy before Sammy showed up, but as soon as he got there he cuddled right up to him. 
They ended up sending us home that night, and Aaron was okay. We went back later and had his blood tested and the levels had gone back to normal. I also had to bring in a stool sample to have that tested. We had an appointment with some specialists at the hospital later that week, and they told me they were pretty sure he wasn't spitting up blood, but weren't sure what it was. 

Aaron had another scope done and that went well. I was so nervous before it, and thankfully Sammy was able to come with me. We were a really good team. His last scope he screamed bloody murder for a few minutes before eating. This time he screamed for a few seconds, and Sammy held his hand and talked to him while I held him. He calmed right down and did wonderfully. Thankfully Aaron isn't aspirating anymore something I'm so relieved about. However, his weight gain is slowing down, so we get to meet with more specialists for that. I'm just grateful that these are the things we're dealing with. Every time we go to the Children's hospital my heart breaks for all the other parents there. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...