I absolutely loved celebrating my first Mother's Day. On Saturday Sammy declared it my day so we could do whatever I wanted to do. He went to the pharmacy to grab something for Aaron and came back with a cute card for me and some cherry truffles. He'd been sick the whole week and when he was handing me the bag of truffles, I thought they were cough drops and was like, thanks for the cough drops? We got a good laugh out of that.
We went for a long walk in the morning as a family. Then, after Aaron's nap we went to Mod Pizza for the first time. It was SO GOOD! You can put absolutely anything on your pizza, and they even drizzled ranch right onto my pizza in a spiral. I can't wait to go back there.
After the pizza we went and got crumbl cookie. There was a long line but I didn't care, I was getting my cookies. They were so worth it.
That afternoon we finally had our family pictures taken. I'd been so excited to do it and was a little worried about how Aaron was going to behave since it was close to bed time. When I was doing my makeup, Sammy was dealing with some car troubles so I was all on my own to entertain Aaron and get ready. I put him in the sink to watch me and he had a blast.
That afternoon we finally had our family pictures taken. I'd been so excited to do it and was a little worried about how Aaron was going to behave since it was close to bed time. When I was doing my makeup, Sammy was dealing with some car troubles so I was all on my own to entertain Aaron and get ready. I put him in the sink to watch me and he had a blast.
I got everything done and was putting my makeup away when Aaron grabbed my blush and threw it on the floor. Good bye makeup. He then figured out how to turn on the sink seconds later and completely soaked himself. When I was cleaning him up he just kept saying dada over and over again. I asked if he could say mama for mothers day, but he just said dada again :)
He was amazing. He was so good in the beginning and we got a lot of great photos. When he let us know that he was done, he sat in his strolled swaddled up in a blanket with his pacifier watching Sammy and I take some couple photos. I'm so glad that we got to spend the day together as a family.
He's yelling dada in that picture haha!
I made Sammy take a ton of photos of Aaron and I in the backyard. I kept reminding him that it was Mother's Day so he had to take pictures of us. I had him wear his onesie that says my mom's hugs are the best in Spanish.









Comments
Post a Comment