Skip to main content

Mr. Independent

When Aaron's six month check up was coming up, I had to fill out a milestone sheet before we went. It was asking if he could do all of these activities that I'd never tried before. When we tried the first time, he couldn't do them. But then the next day he picked them right up. Some of them were sitting with his hands propped, and standing while just holding onto my hands. 
He also sat by himself next to his uncle.
 Then he wanted to snuggle. He loves looking up at him. 
The same day he went from sitting to driving. 
He won't let us put his binky in his mouth anymore. He has to do it himself, and he's pretty good at it. Sometimes he misses and sucks on his dinosaurs face which is funny. 
Sometimes he thinks that he doesn't even need his binky and needs some space. 
He tries to feed himself whenever Brinley feeds him, which ends up with him not eating at all. Once he wanted to be fed sitting like this, using her head for support. 

 I taught him the time honored tradition of putting olives on your fingers. He wasn't sure what to think.
Since then he's been getting gradually more and more independent and gets frustrated the more we hold him. It's honestly getting me a little sad. He's growing right up. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...