Skip to main content

Easter

Celebrating Easter with Aaron for the first time was wonderful. Money is a little tight, and Aaron won’t remember, so I didn’t get Aaron a full on Easter basket, instead I got him these cute eggs. I was super wish washy in the store on whether to get them or not because I wasn’t sure if Aaron would like them. Oh, he loves them. He loves to whack them everywhere and eat the shells and I’m so glad. I think when he’s older I’d like to do the Easter bunny on Saturday, that way Sunday can be focused solely on the Savior. We’ll see how that goes since everything I plan doesn’t happen haha!

I got Aaron some bunny ears and he hated them.
 
It looks like he's smiling in this one, but it was just between screams. 
On Easter Sunday we went to a friend’s baby blessing in a different ward. It’s in the building my parents go to, so my mom came and sat with us. Aaron is getting more independent and wanted to sit up by himself, so he sat next to my mom the whole time. It was a wonderful sacrament meeting that focused on the hope that the Savior, the atonement, and His resurrection can bring us. I’m so thankful for all that He’s done for me and my family so that we have the opportunity to be together forever. 
Aaron was napping but woke up just in time to get some family pictures and touch a tree.
After church we sat in bed as a family and read all about the week leading up to the Savior’s resurrection. Then we went to Sammy’s parents for brunch. I brought Aaron’s high chair and tried to let him eat mashed potatoes with us, but he didn’t like them. Instead he wanted to play with my knife which obviously I didn’t let him. Sammy later gave him a few tastes of apple pie filling and he loved that.

He matched shirts with his uncle. They got him a full on Easter basket complete with light up eggs. 
It was a beautiful Easter Sunday celebrating with family. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...