Skip to main content

Fourth of July

I've really come to love the fourth of July with Sammy. We usually keep it simple with good food, go swimming, read good books, and then have fun with family and friends. One of my favorite things about Sammy is that he is also not a die hard fireworks fan and is totally cool with staying in on the fourth. 

This year we went swimming the day before but went for a long walk as a family in the morning admiring the million dollar homes nearby. My favorite thing is to point out all our favorite features of each house. Let's be real, I'll probably never have a home like that, (and at times it seems like we'll be in apartments forever haha) but it's fun to dream! 

After our walk Aaron went down for a nap and I was able to get some writing done. Then I made some guacamole and we waited for Aaron to wake up so we could head to my parents for lunch. Lunch was SO good and we introduced Aaron to a lot of different foods. 

We played for a bit and when Aaron got tired we went for a drive hoping he'd take a car nap. He didn't, so we went over to some old family friends of Sammy's to introduce them to Aaron since they hadn't met him yet. Despite his slightly confused expression in these pictures, he had a great time. 
We chatted, caught up, and had some delicious Cuban food. Aaron tried flan and loved it. (I also asked about how to make flan since I tried to make one back in May and it turned into soup and apparently I did everything right so I'll just have to try again.)

We headed home in time for Aaron to go to bed and once he was asleep we stayed up bingeing a few episodes of Stranger Things. When the fireworks went off I was nervous Aaron would wake up but thankfully he slept right through them. It was a great fourth! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Liebster-ing it up!

Funny story. A few days ago I was reading all the blogs I follow like I usually do. And of course I read  Jana's  blog and read about how she had won the Liebster award. I had no idea what it was, so I read her post full of fun facts, and for everyone I kept nodding my head going, I DO THAT TOO! Then today I re-read her blog, and realized that she'd nominated me for the Liebster award as well! It was a very exciting moment. Thank you! So I guess this is how it works, I think, I'm new to this whole thing. I totally just stole this off Jana's blog ;) "The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say 'you're doing a great job.' It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it's also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs & get them more readers/ followers! When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated y...

Getting lost makes me feel ashfishsihfasjshd ngklea sometimes.

Yesterday was my first shift at my new job at the college bookstore. It went pretty great! I like being a cashier a whole lot more than organizing the same bin of bras the fifth time that hour. Ringing up customers text books made me excited to go get mine and start the learning. I probably won't be feeling that way in a few weeks though haha. I'm nowhere close to getting the hang of the cash register yet, but I know how to answer most questions. (You usually just send them to the book section and make the people over there deal with it.) The only time I was completely confused was when a guy came in and asked me for directions to another city. I didn't know being a gps was expected. Over all a great day. Then today happened. Today I wasn't even officially working, I had a mandatory sexual harassment and work place violence meeting. Woo! Sounds fun huh? I showed up ten minutes early, clocked in, then was told to head to the North Classrooms. I looked around and there ...