Skip to main content

9 Months

I have been slacking on doing monthly blog posts with milestones, but I feel like 9 months has been such a crazy one that I need to commemorate it. First, with Aaron being in my belly for nine months and out for nine months. (I know pregnancy is forty weeks long which would technically be ten months, BUT two of those weeks are before the baby is even conceived so I don't think they should count.)
At his nine month appointment Aaron was 27 3/4" long and weighed 16lbs 8oz. He finally doubled his birth weight! 

He cried so much during his appointment. He was upset when they got him naked, something that he usually loves. Then he started bawling the moment his doctor walked in the door because of stranger danger. We had to do his whole exam with him on my lap and he cried more than he does with shots. I learned that he has an umbilical hernia and he showed me how to push his intestines back in to make sure they're okay. 

His first teeth showed up the day after he turned nine months. 

He started crawling at nine and a half months. 

He's seriously bulking up and has started eating WAY more foods. We were at a restaurant with him and he had chicken fingers and broccoli cheese casserole and was begging for more. He's been eating eggs, pancakes, waffles, avocados, bananas, muffins, french fries, chicken, pork, beef, flan, and more. 


Aaron has been experiencing stranger danger and it's so sad sometimes! Minutes after this picture was taken of him wanting to make sure of where I was in Target, a cashier started talking to him and he started crying so hard while I was checking out. 

I swear he talks to us. When he wants more of something he says mama. We were in the car saying he was going to be too smart for his own good when he's older and he said I know. When we asked if he was listening to us, he paused for a moment then said no. 

I love every age so much but this month has been so much fun with him. Except for when he gets stir crazy which is all day. He whines until I take him out of the house, when he'll start cooing and jumping like crazy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake

I feel like a lot of times when going through blogger, I'm always pushing the boundaries a bit. A lot of blogs seem to always be happy and awesome and they just won this free product from someone and it's great! And then, I'm over here in my little corner of the blogosphere wondering, hey, should I actually write about this? Is this something that you just pretend like it never happens? Am I the only one this happens to? My favorite moments are when I find someone cutting down those walls and sharing what life is actually like. That they have zits. That they don't have the perfect relationship and baby. That they've struggled with mental health. That they're secretly gross like me. (I took a quiz on buzz feed about how secretly gross are you, and I got pretty gross. In the guise of not being fake, I am sharing this fact with you all!) When I find those blog posts, I instantly feel a connection with that person and will automatically follow them on their life j...

Say Yes?

Well. Today I went dress shopping. And it was a really fun experience! I went a few weeks ago, and that wasn't as fun. I almost fainted because everything was so tight! And I looked like a little girl playing dress up. This time though, I felt sophisticated, it was a much better experience, and I may have found THE dress. I know it's one of these ones, but at the store I thought I was going to get one dress. But as I got home and looked through the pictures again, I think another one will work better and is really THE one. I'm going to sit on it though.  I thought it'd be fun to put the pictures up here and let you all see! Tell me which dress is your favorite! If there's two pictures together, it's the front and back.  How was dress shopping for you?  I like the lace and buttons on this dress     Love the top and flowyness of this dress. Really love the neck, top, and ruching on this dress. Not sure about the train though. This...

Book of Mormon Musical?

Well, it's here in Denver. Kind of hard not to notice it with all the signs. The Book of Mormon Musical. I have very mixed feeling about this. I know that in the grand scheme of the universe, this musical shouldn't bother me so much. But it really, really does. The Book of Mormon is something very near and dear to my heart. And I know that people make fun of the LDS church on an hourly basis. I've heard all the jokes. Not a big deal. Plus, I'm blonde. I can take a joke. But this musical really disturbs me. I listened to the songs when they were released, thinking oh, I'm gonna be one of those cool people who fights for this play. But then I really started listening to the words. And they bothered me. A lot. Saying that missionaries who are out in the field make up things on the spot, like having sex with frogs will get rid of aids, it bugged me. I don't even want to talk about some of the other songs. I heard them and felt, just not right. I was comforted by t...